[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Seeing them Wednesday Tips to make the show more enjoyable?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: sunn.jpg (95 KB, 1440x960) Image search: [Google]
sunn.jpg
95 KB, 1440x960
Seeing them Wednesday

Tips to make the show more enjoyable?
If you've seen them, how was it?
>>
earplugs
>>
>>65444751
this and get shitfaced
i saw them at a festival and half of the crowd either fell in a trance or just uneasy and left the show
>>
>>65444729
Grog Shop?

make sure you're well rested and hydrated, it's gonna feel a lot longer than it is

haven't seen sunn live but i've seen boris, just go and enjoy it, be yourself and relaxed

don't be a bitch that brings earplugs
don't be a moron that can't enjoy music without drugs
>>
Close your eyes
>>
Ear-fucking-plugs. Their live shows are nothing to mess with.
>>
>>65444793
Grog Shop indeed. Seeing Boris there in August as well.
>>65444821
>>65444751
>>65444774
I purchased a good pair just for this show, and Swans in July.
>>
>>65444796
>>65444793
Good advice

>>65444751
>>65444774
>>65444821
Bad advice
You aren't going to lose your hearing from a show, you're going to just damper your enjoyment. If you actually work in a club or are part of a band it's different.
>>
>>65444854
enjoy it, wasn't looking to spend 45$ to see them
price tag is for ripping off dumb hipsters desu
>>
>>65444900
Yeah no thanks, I'd like to keep my hearing thank you very much.
>>65444936
Well meme'd
>>
>>65444900
This guy has no idea what he is talking about.

>You aren't going to lose your hearing from a show,
Oh yes, you can. Bass is usually mixed in louder than the rest of the mix, at least +3-6 dB. Guess what Sunn is all about? Bass. Bass, to the amount of rattling the fucking stars out of the sky. That shit is harmful.

Imagine going to 50 loud shows a year. Every time you think "naw lol ain't gonna harm me", you are adding to cumulative hearing damage. You might not notice right away, but when you do, it's usually too late. I have fanatically been going to concerts since my 15th and am 23 now. I have tinnitus in one ear and my hearing is worse than that of fellow 23 year olds. I know 30-something with way better hearing, I basically cannot hear above 16KHz anymore. WEAR YOUR FUCKING PROTECTION.

>you're going to just damper your enjoyment.
Good ear plugs don't detract from enjoyment. Sounds like you've only had shitty ear plugs.

>If you actually work in a club or are part of a band it's different.
Yeah, the damage accumulates faster. I have worked in a club for a little while kast year and it fucked with my hearing when I used shitty earplugs after forgetting my good pair. I was fine after that. But damage is still there, damn it. INVEST IN PLUGS. YOU ONLY HAVE ONE SET OF EARS. ANY DAMAGE TO IT IS PERMANENT. DON'T ENCOURAGE IGNORANCE.
>>
>>65444900
You don't understand man, you should wear earplugs to most shows, but Sunn O))) is LOUD. If you wear earplugs to one show in your life it should be Sunn O)))
>>
>>65445125
I'm 28 and grew up as a metal kid seeing shows at least once a week since I was in middle school
I've been to hundreds if not thousands of very loud shows
My hearing is completely fine, I can hear the little dog whistle ringtones and everything

if you're in a band or work in a very loud environment on a daily or nearly daily basis, by all means wear earplugs

>earplugs don't damper enjoyment
lol

>someone asking how to enjoy sunn on /mu/ goes to 50 loud shows a year
lol

>>65445207
the sunn o))) is loud meme is a meme friend
I saw them on their monoliths tour and they weren't any louder than other loud artists

at the end of the day it's your choice, people just blow it grossly out of proportion
>>
>>65445276
>lol
They should actually make it sound better if you get good earplugs. You sound obtuse and slightly edgy

I didn't wear earplugs to the Sunn show I went to and my ears were pretty fucked afterwards.

I'm just saying, I used to be like you and now I have tinnitus. Being an edgemaster is one of my biggest regrets
>>
>>65445276
>earplugs don't damper enjoyment
>being this retarded
Buy a custom fitted pair and come back to me.

>lol
>meme
panned
>>
Anyone else seeing them thursday?
>>
earplugs
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.