[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What drugs did he actually used? I read that he injected speed,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Lou+Reed+loureed.jpg (23 KB, 390x591) Image search: [Google]
Lou+Reed+loureed.jpg
23 KB, 390x591
What drugs did he actually used?

I read that he injected speed, but in what form was it available 40 years ago?
>>
Amphetamines, pot, cigarettes, booze. In the sixties Andy used to spike everyone's drinks with acid, but that doesn't count.

Lou never did heroin, the song isn't about him in the literal sense.
>>
>>65441997
I forgot to add: a LOT of amphetamines
>>
>>65441997
>Lou never did heroin, the song isn't about him in the literal sense.
?
He injected shit in his arm all the time, even on stage.
>>
>>65442131
>even on stage.

i'm sure that was fake.
>>
>>65441997
Yeah lou definitely shot heroin quite a bit. He once invited Nico over (years after the VU dissolved) and said he would write her some songs, and it turned into Nico just watching lou shoot heroin for 3 days in his apartment.

And he did *a lot* of amphetamines, staying up for 3 days at a time
>>
it has been suggested he contracted hepatitis c from using needles.
>>
he used heroin, he go hep C from a fellow negro junkie
>>
>>65442190
What makes you say that? It's way more likely that he used it, and I'm sure he did. His biography and John Cale's autobiography both mention instances where Lou was completely out of this world, nearly dying from shit. No way that he and John didn't use it. In fact, I now remember he got or feared to have gotten herpatitis from a needle he shared.
>>
he injected a lot of lsd and THC
i also heard he abused vitamin c tablets but that's just a rumor
>>
>>65442305
>What makes you say that?

the shooting up on stage was fake. i'm not saying he didn't use heroin though. just not on stage.
>>
>>65441997
>Andy used to spike everyone's drinks with acid

I cannot imagine how fucked I'd be if someone dosed me on a psychedelic
>>
>>65441997
>Lou never did heroin, the song isn't about him in the literal sense.
I don't know that much about VU, but what the actual fuck? The man wrote Heroin and Sister Ray, I mean who'd write these songs just about someone else
>>
>>65442358
But he got away with it...because he's Aaaaaandy....
>>
>>65442494
And it was legal back then
>>
>>65442358
Sounds kind of interesting, there would be a smoother transition from your sober mindset to a psychedelic one. But terrifying if you've never taken a psych before
>>
>>65442609
I've done them before and it just seems like it would not be fun to suddenly realize "Wait I'm tripping the fuck out" with no preplanning at all
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.