[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think you can use music as a crutch? I realized that when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: depressed_pepe.jpg (15 KB, 400x387) Image search: [Google]
depressed_pepe.jpg
15 KB, 400x387
Do you think you can use music as a crutch?
I realized that when I am sad I put on energetic music to put me in a better mood.
I wondered if perhaps I am using music like a drug.
>>
>using music like a drug
Almost everyone does that, save for the super analytical music theory critic people
>>
do as you please, man
>>
If you keep distracting yourself from your problems you will never fix your problems.
>>
>>65441869
>>65441971

this is what i am afraid of, precisely.
>>
>>65441998
Maybe instead of listening to energetic music when you are sad, you should listen to sad music instead.
>>
>>65442035

i actually don't... like sad music. like it's just never appealed to me. i like shit like hip hop, metal, psych, art pop. you know, stuff that "goes hard". i find sad shit very boring, soft, and for lack of a better word, "gay".
>>
>I listen to music because it makes me feel good
>am I a drug addict?

You're a normal person believe it or not. Normal people listen to music because they enjoy it
>>
>>65442102
What do you think of Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness by Smashing Pumpkins?
>>
>>65441971
>>65441998
depends, do you have a form of depression? are you in an unfixable situation where you just have to grit and bear it? in those cases i'd say it's alright to just alter your mood with music

but if you can fix a problem realistically, don't just drown it out
>>
>>65442130
>I listen to music because it makes me feel good
Incorrect paraphrasing of what OP was talking about
>>
I consume music like any other type of media, and yeah consuming media can have an effect on your mood. Not that complicated.
>>
>>65442170
http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism.htm
>>
>>65442247
I'm not surprised that you have that link readily available
>>
>>65442262
https://www.google.com/
>>
>>65442146

never heard it, but i liked their other album. the one with 1979 on it.

>>65442152
>unfixable situation

it's hard to say. it's one of those things where it's like.. if i change, am i just fighting my nature? if that makes sense. to give you context, i don't have many friends and i piss women off because i am "outspoken"

>>65442197
pretty true
>>
>>65442291
>2016
>not using ask jeeves or bing
>>
>>65442299
>i liked their other album. the one with 1979 on it
That's Mellon Collie, disc 2.
>>
>>65442299
making conscious changes to your personality isn't fighting your nature, i was a mean piece of shit 3-4 years ago, and i'm still pretty standoff-ish but in trying to confront my anger issues, i feel better as a person, and i don't feel any less like myself than i did 4 years ago.
>>
>>65442333

lol. oops
listening to the album rn btw

>>65442384

huh. thank you, anon this gives me hope.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.