[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bands you listened to beforw they became popular
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
Have you ever started listening to a unknown artist before they became popular?

There was an indie band posted on a bandcampthread here in 2014 and no-one listened to them and I loved them. I recently checked up on them online and one of there videos has 700k views and commebts were saying "Mac Demarco" brought me and here. Also cringey shit like "omg indie is the best","this is like so jazzy :-P"
>>
so?
>>
>>65423168
denzel curry and flume
>>
>>65423168
Just thought, i'd start a discussion
>>
My Morning Jacket

I saw them open for Southern Culture on the Skids in 2001. I bought It Still Moves in 2003.
>>
>>65423145
my favorite album of the year so far is this really unknown guy

I rarely post his album outside of an aoty thread every now and then cause I don't want it to become known as a "shilled" or "viral marketed" album
>>
>>65423601
Post it
>>
Tame Impala

An aussie friend of mine linked me their myspace before the first EP was released, I've been a fan ever since.
>>
Maps & Atlases are a band from Chicago, where I'm from, and I met them a few times while they were sort of a fill-in opener in the area at local venues and they were nice dudes. They're not "popular" per se, but I saw them get a shitload of attention for their last album and I'm happy for them, they deserve it. Great people.
>>
>>65423601
I remember I once brought up in a bandcamp thread 'Foilage' who would constantly post and how he suddenly disappeared and I got like 30 replies calking me eith Foilage himself or a shill
>>
File: AurochTamanShud.jpg (130 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
AurochTamanShud.jpg
130 KB, 630x630
Auroch is actually sorta popular in the blackened death metal scene, and I went to highschool with the frontman. I remember back when they were called Tusk. They put on a great live show.
>>
frankie cosmos
used to chat with greta on tumblr too
>>
File: Lady Portrait.jpg (57 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
Lady Portrait.jpg
57 KB, 700x700
>Rick Alvin

He isn't popular yet
>>
>>65423768
you remember jonothan?
>>
>>65423675
Wow, must be so weird watching them grow up to be so huge
>>
>>65423800
i saw this in the aoty thread
seemed like people were digging it
>>
Death Grips. A friend of mine has connections in sacramento and knew about their first release. Only got into them seriously when Exmilitary was released, though.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-gcfQhR_9c

Discovered on a You Groove You Lose thread when it was released on soundcloud.
>>
>>65423816
The moment Lonerism blew up I couldn't help but think "damn I have the ultimate hipster cred"
>>
>>65423145
all of them
>>
File: 049fae68.jpg (179 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
049fae68.jpg
179 KB, 960x960
>>
arctic monkeys and gorillaz.
>>
File: 1409888250461.jpg (11 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
1409888250461.jpg
11 KB, 208x210
>Have you ever started listening to a unknown artist before they became popular?

>Who is the biggest hipster ITT?
>>
>>65424699
Hipsters would never admit to enjoying a band that later became popular
>>
I've been fapping to these fuccbois since 2012. Last weekend my friends says to me he says "hey I gotta show you this band called The 1975". Fuck sake.
>>
>>65424738
I'm pretty sure "i liked them before they were cool" is one of the stereotypical hipster phrases.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.