[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Post-reunion Swans is the best Swans.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
Discuss
>>
well TBK is their best album so yeah
>>
Post-reunion Dinosaur Jr. is the best Dinosaur Jr
>>
>>65421525
Agreed. Beyond and Farm are better than You're Living All Over Me and Bug imo.
>>
>>65421509
So wrong it hurts
>>
>>65420016
Pfft. Nice hat, Calamity Jane.
>>
>>65421688
it's better than children of god
>>
>>65421886
Even wronger
>>
>not their early no-wave era
>>
>>65421886
true but is it better than annihilator or stfb?
>>
>>65421980
Annihilator is one of their worst albums. SFTB is their best tho

not him btw.
>>
>>65422033
how is annihilator their bad. explain.
>>
>>65421980
ehhhhh it isn't to be honest, you got me

>>65421905
why do people love this album so much? I mean I think it's dope but it's not as colorful as their other stuff and kind of drones on a bit.
>>
>>65422033
Lol wut. Easily their best album
>>
I'm gonna hijack this for a second

I've been listening to early Swans recently (all through Public Castration), and although I enjoy the energy of their performance and the themes expressed, does it start to vary more? I appreciate the loops and all, but it gets tiring at some point, you know.
>>
>>65424369
Their music in general? Or just early swans? Well swans in general gets.... MUCH more varied. Early swans however is just brutal for the sake of being brutal
>>
>>65424369
Yes. In their gothic/neo-folk era Jarboe becomes more heavily involved and it's far less punishing then early Swans. Then there's Soundtracks which is all over the place, but an amazing album.
>>
>>65424369
around 87 is where it starts to get more varied
>>
ye
>>
Imo the only album that really competes with The Seer and TBK is SFTB. Im having great expectations on The Glowing Man
>>
>>65424369
>I've been listening to early Swans recently
>does it start to vary more?

yep, although repetition is a part of their aesthetic and sound, the early years were very minimal and sparse, and later on they begin to introduce MUCH more varied sounds. later swans is essentially unrecognizable to early swans, don't worry bud.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.