[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Albums that you find hard to go back to because hearing them
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8
Albums that you find hard to go back to because hearing them might make you relive a fucking terrible part of your life resulting in immediate suicide
>>
everytime I listen to that album I get extreme nostalgia. It's so attached to a certain period of my life in comparison to any other album and I don't even know why.

It's like tar - it just collects all of your memories when you start listening to it
>>
File: tumblr_mdt1s8LJ4E1qbe5i0.jpg (195 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdt1s8LJ4E1qbe5i0.jpg
195 KB, 500x500
>>65406946
>>
>>65407070
lots of drugs
>>
>>65406946
Half of Modest Mouse's discography is like that for me. On the one hand, it's probably the only thing that got me through those parts of my life, but on the other, it's hard to listen to it now because of the memories.
>>
File: 1323820115nownow_threads_hires.jpg (482 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1323820115nownow_threads_hires.jpg
482 KB, 1500x1500
>>65406946
>In college
>Drop out of classes
>No job, still living with parents
>Don't want Dad to get mad at me
>Would break into Dads friends house when pretending to go to classes
>Listened to this on the way, everyday

Everytime I listen to this, I remember how much of a loser I was then, and then I remember how much of a loser I am now.
>>
File: smut peddlers.jpg (106 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
smut peddlers.jpg
106 KB, 500x500
This.
>>
>>65407024
All the early MM albums do this desu. I would just listen to them whenever one of the albums match my current mood constantly throughout the day. I would play nothing else for a month at a time besides that one album, and it never got old. Then I'd put it back on the shelf, to come back to later when I feel like that again.
>>
File: A_STRAP_SLEEVE.jpg (51 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
A_STRAP_SLEEVE.jpg
51 KB, 600x600
>Many family members dying of old age/cancer
>Dealing with depression and OCD
>Drinking problem, doing a lot of valium/xanax
>Slowly spending less and less time at school
>Fall for girl in 2 of my 3 classes, pic related is one of her favorite album, she is only thing keeping me going, I'm slightly obsessed.
>It doesn't work out with me and her
>basically I sperg out at starbucks, ruin it
>she's so nice she still tells me there was another reason she wanted to just be friends, something going on in her life
>whatever don't care just want to spend time with her in whatever capacity
>depression etc gets worse
>attempt suicide
>leave school for a while
>don't speak to her for ages
>return, it is awkward in our 1 class remaining together (I dropped 2 subjects)
>Now, she's leaving school for uni, I'm re-doing 2 subjects
>Message her to come meet me by gate. I apologise for being a tard and not being her friend. She doesn't care
>tfw I'm not over it, probably never will be
>tfw I'll never see her again
>This fucking album

It hurts guys.
>>
>Fall for girl in 2 of my 3 classes, pic related is one of her favorite albums, she is only thing keeping me going, I'm slightly obsessed.
>she's so nice she still tells me there was another reason she wanted to just be friends, something going on in her life
>attempt suicide
>Message her to come meet me by gate. I apologise for being a tard and not being her friend. She doesn't care
>This fucking album

It hurts guys
>>
>>65407252
>>65407318
Samefag.
>>
>>65407685
REALLY?
~I accidentally missed the s on albums so I had to post again, I'm sorry
>>
File: 1415053548260.jpg (30 KB, 460x347) Image search: [Google]
1415053548260.jpg
30 KB, 460x347
>>65407732
>>
>>65407732
Lol holy shit
>>
>Fall for girl in 2 of my 3 classes, pic related is one of her favorite albums, she is only thing keeping me going, I'm slightly obsessed.
>attempt suicide
>This fucking album

It hurts guys
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.