[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which one's better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: vs.png (32 KB, 424x221) Image search: [Google]
vs.png
32 KB, 424x221
which one's better?
>>
>>65404931
Sex Pistols

I haven't listened to either album all the way through, but it's the Sex Pistols
>>
>>65404931
i prefer sex pistols but both are pretty average
>>
Nirvana
Sec pistols are mediocre
>>
>>65404931
Nevermind.
>>
>>65404931
i prefer punk but sex pistols suck
>>
Nirvana: not that good, didn't innovate, just made success
Sex Pistols: absolute shit, didn't innovate, just made success

Conclusion: good t-shirt or tumblr quote material
>>
>>65406478
>didn't innovate
Everyone that went and saw the Sex Pistols at their first gig started a band. What the fuck are you even on about.
>>
>>65407358
Q: did it innovate punk music?
A: no.

Q: did it influence punk music?
A: yeah, everybody started shitty punk bands who never went off.

Q: are the sex pistols shit?
A: yeah.
>>
I'm sick of you fucking Americans shitting on the sex pistols all the time, everyone in the uk respects them, every post-punk and punk band was created due to the pistols, the clash said they pretty much started punk in the uk. They were more fucking punk than you're obscure underground US punk bands because they actually attacked the establishment instead of hiding away from it. The sex pistols got to number one in the charts but due to controversy they had to just leave a blank space in its place. On the queens jubilee they rode down the thames river through London in a boat blasting God save the queen and were chased by police. They spoke to the people telling them to criticise and question authority, telling them you don't need to be able to play to start a band just fucking do it, so we got joy division, the buzzcocks, the fall, they transformed the clash from a pub band into a punk band. They had such an impact on the UK that you yanks can't comprehend. What did nirvana do? Inspire post grunge and butt rock, teach kids to be depressed and wear dirty clothes and play shifty watered down music.
>>
>>65407392
>implying just punk bands were influenced
The fact they still annoy people 40 years later amuses me greatly.
>>
>>65407485
Britbong here, Sex Pistols were shit.
>>
>>65404931
I actually enjoy both albums and bands equally, but, in my opinion, The Sex Pistols album is better. With the possible exception of Submission, none of the songs are mellow, whereas Nervermind has some mellow songs on it. Not that this is a bad thing, but Never Mind the Bollocks has dynamic energy from start to finish, and never lets up.

>>65407485
Is this B8? How did they "attack" the establishment, exactly? The Clash, and to a lesser extent, Crass, attacked the establishment head on, or at least were openly critical of it. The Thames boat cruise was a publicity stunt concocted by Malcom McClaren. Plus John Lydon has said he LOVES The Royal Family, and criticized those who openly celebrated Margaret Thatcher's death. And this is coming from a yank who got thrown into the remedial education class in 1978 for wearing home made Sex Pistols t-shirts to school, because nobody believed that there was even such a band, and when I brought in the album, they wanted to lock me away. (Punk was HATED in the states in the late 1970s)

Anyway, both of these bands are dad rock now, so who the fuck really cares?
>>
>>65407485
They fucking suck. Get on with it....
>>
>>65407969
THE BERLIN WALL
>>
File: cover.jpg (198 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
198 KB, 960x960
>>65404931
This is better than both.
>>
Nevermind
Both are awful tho
>>
>>65404931
no doubt in my mind that Never Mind the Bollocks is better
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.