[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can this even be considered THE /mu/core album anymore? Literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3
File: ITAOTS.jpg (406 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
ITAOTS.jpg
406 KB, 1920x1200
Can this even be considered THE /mu/core album anymore?
Literally every thread about it is someone talking about how they thought it was overhyped
>>
>>65398511
Just because people think it's overhyped doesn't mean it's actually overhyped.
>>
just threw it on the other day, and it blew me away, as it usually does. a 10/10 and anyone who says otherwise is entitled to their shit opinion.
>>
it will always retain GOAT status weather it's presence and validity here dwindles or lingers
>>
>>65398541
>>65398547
I mean I love the album but the board's relationship isn't what it was
>>
>>65398511
>overhyped

When it came out I do not think there was any hype. ITAOTS is an album built around word of mouth essentially
>>
>>65398511
JEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>65398693
He just means overrated, I think hype was the wrong word but I got what he meant.
>>
SEMEN STAINS THE MOUNTAINTOP
>>
>>65398693
I think he means specifically overhyped on /mu/
>>
>>65398713
Yeah, I guess.

I do not think it is overrated either. I used to have it as a 5/5 on my RYM but brought it down just because I had a falling out with indie folk. It is a wonderful album though.
>>
>>65398547
This. It's outstanding, my favourite album of all time. It transcends time and space and completely engulfs you into a world of war, love, genocide,death, sex, WWII Europe...Its timeless in the truest sense.
>>
>>65398511
i would be fine if i never heard or saw anything that had to do with this album ever again
>>
>>65398785
Please leave this board
>>
File: mu's top 100 90s albums.png (2 MB, 2675x2342) Image search: [Google]
mu's top 100 90s albums.png
2 MB, 2675x2342
>>65398511
It was voted the number one album of the 90s by the board.
>>
>>65398785
Montie you are the absolute worst tripfag I have ever encountered on this board or otherwise. Please, please leave.
>>
>>65398511
as long as the sticky for /mu/ will have potatambourine face, it will be THE /mu/core album.
>>
loveless is objectively the definitive /mu/core
>>
>>65398670
Well what do you expect? Constant meme-ing and posting for over a decade? We've had our fun, it's time to move on a bit.
>>
>>65398785
why is everything you write so cringeworthy
>>
>>65398547
>>65399243
Yeah, I agree with these shitdicks. There's undeniably a reason it's become such a meme besides the Anne Frank and semen shit. It's simultaneously incredibly surreal and intensely intimate, a ridiculously difficult thing to pull off in any art form, really.

But as for the real question here, whether it's truly THE most popular /mu/-core album, I think is a good one. I've been browsing since about 09 and the board certainly has changed quite a bit since then. The attitude towards a lot of what I know as /mu/-core has shifted significantly, especially towards artists like NHM, Radiohead, and The Avalanches. None of those acts are nearly as unanimously enjoyed the way they were when I first started browsing. Honestly I'd say Pet Sounds is the new ITAOTS. The overwhelming love and praise I've seen for that album and for the Beach Boys in general is like nothing I've seen on this board for years.
>>
>>65398693
fuck off idiot
>>
>>65399515
Yeah it seems like a lot of the people from 09 either stopped browsing or got lives. That's the year I started coming here, and I almost never see some of the old twee and indie groups discussed on here anymore, like Interpol, Carissa's Weird, TV on the Radio, The Antlers, Belle and Sebastian, The Mountain Goats, you know. Some of that classic p4k core.
>>
>>65399275
>>65399308
Literally just saying this due to my trip.
Not having a tripcode is pure cancer
>>
Who cares? I love it, but do you want it to be spammed anymore? Do you have a replacement album?
>>
File: loveless.jpg (109 KB, 660x660) Image search: [Google]
loveless.jpg
109 KB, 660x660
Loveless has somewhat taken over as THE album. I'm pretty sure if you count how many times either album is posted a week, Loveless would win.
>>
>>65399713
As is right
>>
>>65399605
>got lives
Yeah, fucking weirdos

I really miss those times myself but I guess it doesn't make sense to complain. People change, tastes change, the site's reader-base changes. My preference for that /mu/ is mostly just a nostalgic one. Though I really don't fucking understand the tremendous circle-jerk around the Beach boys tb completely h...

>>65399633
I think I actually like you Montie, and I think that you do contribute something worthwhile to the board every now and then. But you still shouldn't use a tripcode.
>>
>>65399633
You just use it for attention. If people stopped replying to you i'm pretty sure you'd stop having a tripcode
>>
>>65399713
>Loveless has somewhat taken over as THE album
wrong
>>
>>65398511
Still a beautiful album that made me cry alongside with a panic attack during half-awake shower where I went crazy and thought the draft was going to be reinstated. Two Head Boy pt. 2 is an beautiful, emotionally stirring and powerful song. Love your family and friends.
>>
>>65399771
Well, Pet Sounds is a fantastic album with fantastic production and it's always been posted a lot around here. The only thing I don't like is all the teens that browse this site. Some of them can be really fucking annoying, like proge man for example. Also there was a "post your favorite albums throughout your life" template thread and under the year of birth slot you wouldn't believe how many people were 1997. I mean that's not terrible, I'm not too much older, but I prefer to be talking to people that actually know what they're talking about, and chances are 18 year olds don't know much in the way of anything, and are probably here to learn or meme.
>>
>>65398547
pretty much this.
>>
>>65401738
>waaahhh everyone i don't like is a teen
>i'm better than you because i was born in 1995 haha
Holy insecure
>>
>>65399713
loveless is a classic but it doesn't compare to Aeroplane.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.