[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THIS ALBUM IS UNDERRATED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
why do people here insist that this album is "just fine".
this album is interesting, groundbreaking, and just plain sounds good.
what do you think?
>>
File: 1464997599141.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1464997599141.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>underrated
>>
>>65395638
i get really pissed off how literally no one talks about any colour you like even if its the most interesting song on the album or for that matter ever made
>>
>>65395653
kek
>>
>>65395653
its true though.
whenever this album is discussed on mu its just people saying that money ruined the album.
>>
File: 28721521.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
28721521.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>65395682
>people don't like money
>>
it's not that good
>>
no, it's overrated

much like anything popular
>>
Canon-fags are the worst because all they do is parrot popular media. No one wants to argue with you, OP. At least try to shitpost harder than that Nevermind idiot.
>>
>>65395664
Literally the most loved-by-/mu/ track on the album
>>
If you can walk into a clothing store and buy a tee shirt with the album art on it it isn't underrated
>>
It's an amazing album, it really is. You really get the sense that DSotM is the culmination of every bit of knowledge gained from Pink Floyd's past albums. Especially since the songwriting and techniques used are all absolutely top-notch
But Money really does slash right down the middle of the album and ruins what was a very intricately created mood. Is Money a bad song? No, it's very good. The problem with money is just its placement within the album is simply inappropriate.
Most of the /mu/ hate comes from contrarianism really, but those who critique the album because of Money are in the right.
>>
>>65395706
we do like money
we don't like having to work to earn it
>>
>>65395638
its underrated by hipsters, because theyre trying hard to be contrarian, its a brilliant album and i enjoy it to this day, i make sure not to listen to it often so i dont wear it out mentally
>>
I think it is underrated relative to other works with similar mass appeal here. /mu/ won't hesitate to praise Sgt Peppers or Pet Sounds, but when it comes to DSOTM suddenly pop garbage and wank accusations float around unchallenged
>>
>>65396753
I am willing t bet that over 85 percent of kids with Dark Side shirts have only listened to Money or less. The majority is just people who get it because it looks cool. I will not take a person with Dark Side shirt serious unless it is the original album art, not a prism destroying a fucking planet or whatever. The entire point of the cover is minimalism with meaning, not "space and explosions and cool shit."
>>
>>65395638
>Dark Side of The Moon by Pink Floyd is underrated

Are you having a giggle? GR8 B8, M8!
>>
>>65395706
baka communists
>>
>>65395638
It is only underrated on /mu/ because it is full of contrarians. Find someone who hasn't explored music much (a "normie"), and they will talk your ear off about how amazing this album is and will proceed to blow a load all over your jeans. Is that what you want OP? Of course it is.
>>
this album isn't underrated at all what the fuck
the only place it's underrated is /mu/ which is just a board filled with gay hipster contrarian teenagers so it's irrelevant
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.