[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it neckbeard to listen to video game soundtracks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 733762207.jpg (389 KB, 1560x2046) Image search: [Google]
733762207.jpg
389 KB, 1560x2046
Is it neckbeard to listen to video game soundtracks?
>>
It's stupid to listen to them without the context of the game

Just like listening to movie soundtracks
>>
Depends.

Sonic 2 soundtrack is patrician af.
>>
>>65394732
it depends on the soundtrack itself
If it's all original music, then you're basically listening to an album by a musician/s
if it's something like Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, then you're basically listening to a compilation
Point is, no, it's not neckbeard
>>
>>65394912
Truly great video game or movie soundtracks transcend the context of the game. Check out Jet Set Radio and Conan the Barbarian.
>>
>>65395114
*or movie
>>
>>65394732
This list is terrible
>>
>>65394732
>Is it neckbeard to listen to video game soundtracks?
Yes. You could listen to something great instead, could you not? Bach or Mozart for instance.
>>
video games and music just don't work together.
>>
the soundtrack to the original Doom is 10/10
>>
>>65394732
Maybe but I don't care

Ape Escape has the best OST, more games need to have Jungle DnB
>>
yes, it definitely is. the rule also applies to anime soundtracks. with no exceptions to either.
>>
File: image.jpg (480 KB, 2308x1668) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
480 KB, 2308x1668
>>65398146
>anime soundtracks
>>
File: 084.png (298 KB, 600x512) Image search: [Google]
084.png
298 KB, 600x512
>no nintendo soundtracks
>>
>>65398220
>implying the Initial D OST isn't above patrician tier
>>
>no Katamari Damacy
>no Touhou
>>
>>65394912
I agree. Soundtracks can be fucking amazing but they definitely need context. Like There Will Be Blood. Amazing soundtrack but I'd never find myself listening to it outside of the movie because it just doesn't really make sense out of context.
>>
this list is a complete joke
>jsrf only good
>max payne 3 god tier when its a wannabe movie soundtrack
>thps2 when thug and thps4 soundtracks exist
>portal
>portal
>parappa the rapper
>final fantasy VII over the other final fantasy games
this was made by a pleb
>>
>GTA
>Tony Hawk

fuck off. these aren't soundtracks. they're compilations
>>
>>65398270
>implying
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.