[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Been listening to a lot of stereolab lately, what do you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: stereolab.jpg (9 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
stereolab.jpg
9 KB, 224x225
Been listening to a lot of stereolab lately, what do you think is their best album?
>>
>>65391917
My personal favorite is Emperor Tomato Ketchup, but people seem to not like it very much on here.
>>
Their best is probably Transient Random but I've got a soft spot for Peng! and Sound Dust
>>65391934
That's a great one too, honestly they don't really have any bad albums
>>
>>65391934
It's just so bland compared to their other stuff
>>
Mars Audiac Quintet > the other ones
>>
>>65391934
I listened to it the other day and I wasn't impressed. I found it too robotic, and the arrangements were too cluttered.

However, Transient Random Noise Bursts is a masterpiece.
>>
haven't listened to them much and am just starting to go through their discog so I appreciate the suggestions. it's just such chill pleasant music, especially after blasting bottomless pit for the last few weeks. Been really liking Transient random and margarine eclipse
>>
>>65393868
Definitely try Dots and Loops next
>>
>>65391934
>>65392926
Valid opinions.

Really they're all great, though I would argue that Transient Random is overrated. Don't sleep on Peng!, Aluminum Tunes, and Cobra.
>>
Dots and loops > TRNBWA > Mars Audiac Quintet

But maybe i just like D&L cause i heard it first.
>>
Lets be frank, you got into these guys because they popped up as reccomendations while listening to noise music.
Just as Com Truise when listening to vaporwave. They surpassed our expectations.
But when I go to listen to stereolab I don't know why I cringe. Probably because I find some of the instrumentals very corny.
Idbk
>>
>>65391917
My favourite is definitely Cobra and Phases Group Play Voltage in the Milky Night. Please check it out. Very underrated imo.
>>
>>65396156

There used to be a guy on the radio in the mid 90's when I was a kid that played French Disko every show. That's how I got into it.
>>
>>65396156
cringing at this post t.b.h.
>>
>>65397434
Agreed
>>
>>65396156
lmfao
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.