[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was good. Which Smiths' album next?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: The-Queen-is-Dead.png (163 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
The-Queen-is-Dead.png
163 KB, 300x300
This was good. Which Smiths' album next?
>>
File: meat is murder.jpg (577 KB, 1400x1419) Image search: [Google]
meat is murder.jpg
577 KB, 1400x1419
Now time for their best album.
>>
Meat Is Murder
>>
>>65375362
Strangeways, Here We Come
>>
>>65375362
S/T
>>
Hatful of Hollow
the best songs from their s/t and they don't sound like shit
>>
>>65375382
>>65375405
>>65375412
you literally can't go wrong. the queen is dead is probably their "worst" album desu
>>
>>65375362
(Rank > ) QiD > Strangeways > Meat is Murder > s/t
they're all pretty good, their biggest weaknesses tend to be the consistency/pacing, and first one has aged horrendously even though it arguably has the best song-writing
>>
>>65375362
gay album
>>
File: smiths.jpg (8 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
smiths.jpg
8 KB, 225x224
the only correct answer
>>
louder than bombs and then move on to their studio albums
>>
>>65375886
Wut
>>
Louder Than Bombs
>>
>>65375362
with the smiths, i would have recommended going in chronological order to see how their songwriting progressed as they went on, but that's out of the window.
i think that after the queen is dead, meat is murder is their best. the queen is dead and meat is murder are sort of close to each other in sound (meat is murder is a little punkier, queen is dead has more chamber pop bits), at least compared to their other albums. i like their s/t, but it took me a while to get into and the lofi production was a turn off, and like someone else said, it hasn't aged great. i don't like strangeways. it sounds less like the smiths and more like what would become morrissey's early solo work. i'd say meat is murder next, then either of the other two in whichever order you'd like. louder than bombs and hatful of hollow are also essential.
>>
>>65375886
lmao, that is objectively wrong
>>
>>65378509
the queen is dead is objectively their least good album

S/T > MiM = SA > QiD
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.