[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
rhcp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
opinion on new rhcp single?
i personally love how they went back to retro art work for the album cover like they did back in the 80s but it seems a little out of place with the music style since thye changed it 5 years back
>>
It's very filmic. Then again, josh is literally the second coming.
>>
>>65368139
mmmm, the sound of the single + the track list has given me hope for something darker/more serious and completely different for them rather than focusing on being a happy pop band...

not that that sound doesn't have it's place but i stopped listening to them as much because i can't vibe with it...

intriguing cover... raises questions
>>
Josh's, the holy son, singing got inside of anthony. Now anthony is actually good. Kids.. If even anthony can quit to be a little debonaire prick, there is hope for you dingyyfucks.
>>
>>65368139
mr bungle ripoff
>>
>>65369554
i always liked anthonys singing it gave their music a bit of personality (that and his weird ass lyrics)
but ill say what ive been saying for years now, john will always be best guitarist
>>
>>65369674
*outthereopinionsunheardofawardceremonycommander
>>
Josh literally = ten musicians all at a good level of expression and technique. And + his singing just carries emotions like a motherfucker. == Josh is illuminati.
>>
>>65371212
i'd like to see a heavier josh presence this album...

if he were allowed to dominate songwriting in the way frusciante did i'd expect some really great shit
>>
>>65368139
Both of the songs were ok, but nothing special. I think losing Frusciante helped them to get out of that "every song sounds the same" territory but I also don't think that Klinghoffer's writing style is gelling with the other guys' sound very much.

I'm With You had some standouts but had some absolute shit too. But these two new songs both have a nice atmosphere to them so I'm kind of optimistic.

Fucking hell why can't they just go back to making albums like Freaky Styley?
>>
>>65369674
Wrong. John was the best songwriter they ever had. Slovak and Navarro were both better guitarists.
>>
>>65371310
Josh gets inside of things. He is way more dominant than john, it's just, most people don't pick up on this, because he's extremely wellmannered and softhanded. He essentially is changing all the other bandmembers' playing, guiding, same in dothacker, kinda like theduke. John more 'flew over the band'. 'it was never a place for el john' imo. Anyway, josh leaves the main stage to the other members, but he controls that song in the arrangement... Love, dad.
>>
>>65371570
>Love, dad.
i thought u were kill
o___________________________o
>>
>>65371640
Stageprops, eddie. Had the 'beaver' up to beguile the watch. Remember me. Kill will ferrell, veganlet!!!
>>
>>65371810
hahaha he's still chasing her? they'll never get over that
>>
>>65371897
Who's chevying the why?
>>
Josh the 60's, john the 70's, me, the bleus. Omar, the 80's. Omar the best one, luckily, neegurrr, noone will ever find it. Josh so hittin that whole hiipieguitarshit.
>>
>>65368139
>new rhcp single
>electroswing-
oh wait wrong meme sorry
>>
Did josh ever freaked out in a guitar solo live?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.