[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>/mu/ from birth to 2009 metalhead nerds >2009 to 2013
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
>/mu/ from birth to 2009
metalhead nerds

>2009 to 2013
last.fm hipsters

>2013 to early 2016
r/hiphopheads

>late 2016 onwards
???
>>
this si a very weird leak a of a product that answer
>>
Metal is breaking out again
>>
electro-swing revivalists
>>
>>65366195
>>late 2016 onwards
vaporwave
future funk
simpsons wave
sea punk
electro-swing
>>
>>65366228
>a bunch of meme genres that have already peaked, some up to four years ago
okay, newfag, you keep telling yourself that.

meanwhile, OP, why is Martin Scorsese in that image? what the fuck even is that?
>>
has anyone else noticed this board just listens to whatever 16 year olds are currently listening to, but just takes it a lot more seriously (while pretending they aren't)

are you all just 16 year olds and i've been browsing this board like 8 years too long
>>
>>65366228
So just FrankJavCee subscribers?
>>
>>65366257
/mu/ is and has always been since 2009 the Pitchfork forums, fact.
>>
>2006-2008
metalfags

>2009-2010
transition period with metal vs. indie wars and growing p4k popularity

>2011-2012
golden age of p4k worship, last.fm/tumblr threads and rampant tripfaggotry

>2013-2014
transition period with memerap backlash, the great tripfag exodus and the rise of general threads

>2015-????
everything is segregated into general threads, there is no defining board culture to speak of, your best hope for niche musical discussion is in a slow-moving general with 10 people in it. welcome to neo-neo/mu/
>>
>>65366413
Yet the generals are still better than the rest of the board.

Try it, go to the catalog and hide all the /general/s, see what you're left with because thats all you would have if there were none.
>>
>>65366456
>Yet the generals are still better than the rest of the board.
i don't disagree, it's just sad that things have become this way
>>
>>65366413
what fueled the memerap backlash against p4k indie-ism
>>
>>65366508
I don't disagree either, not saying its good but its the only way you'll get to chat about anything deeper in genres past whats on the essentials and FotM p4k BNM, its why they came about, see >>65366296
>>
>>65366531
the fact that there hasn't been a good indie rock album since the mid-fucking-aughts, maybe
>>
>>65366413
2009/10 was best /mu/
>>
>>65366531
White guilt and MBDTF
>>
>>65366531
mostly the fact that there were 20+ kanye threads on the front page at all times, plus the whole trap apologist thing that p4k is now ridiculed for was building up steam around that time
>>
>>65366574
The Suburbs was good

so was Reflektor

tegan & sara are still around and doing whatever

idk i think the ~fall of indie~ was a little overstated and it had to do more with those people outgrowing 4chan while memerap became more fashionable in the age groups that then entered 4chan

tl;dr i think it's a generational thing, if you're in your mid-20s or older you probably preferred /mu/'s p4k era
>>
>>65366645
i'm in my mid-20s, and i think all of those records are complete shit.

then again, i don't think most memerap is good either, but it's at least like got some personality and sounds different than the memrap that came out five years ago, something that can't be said for all the indieshit that keeps coming out.
>>
>>65367617
>i'm in my mid-20s
t.16-year-old
>>
>>65366456
Go check out /metal/

>>>/mu/metal
>>
>>65366195
>>/mu/ from birth to 2009
>metalhead nerds

I miss those days
>>
ELECTROSWINGHEADS
>>
>>65368198
I'm ok with that
>>
>>65366296
not a fact.
one of them is on an anime website and the other is on a hipster website
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.