[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it anyone elses favorite album of all time?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: 1464319350531.jpg (222 KB, 650x300) Image search: [Google]
1464319350531.jpg
222 KB, 650x300
is it anyone elses favorite album of all time?
>>
>>65362755
Yep
>>
i cant be alone
>>
OOOH YEAH OH YEAH OOOH YEAH OH YEAH OOOH YEAH OH YEAH OOOH YEAH OH YEAH OOOH YEAH OH YEAH OOOH YEAH OH YEAH OOOH YEAH OH YEAH OOOH YEAH OH YEAH OOOH YEAH OH YEAH OOOH YEAH OH YEAH OOOH YEAH OH YEAH OOOH YEAH OH YEAH OOOH YEAH OH YEAH OOOH YEAH OH YEAH OOOH YEAH OH YEAH
>>
I was just about to make this thread
listened to it twice today already
there's just so much to love in it
>>
I've listened to it like 3 times in the past few days. I like it more every time. Admittedly, the only song I had ever heard was Frontier Psychiatrist. I didn't listen to the actual album until it was put on Spotify last year.
>>
>>65362755
It used to when I was younger and into drugs. Just re listened to it, and it's actually quite bland.
>>
It's alright
>>
never liked this album, obnoxious sample SINCE I LEFT YOU, repeats for too much.
>>
>>65363448
thats literally one song
>>
>>65363478
The whole album is obnoxious and cheesey
>>
>>65362755
i remember in the fourth grade i had no friends and at the lunch table i recited every sample and lyric of "frontier psychiatrist" much to everyone's confusion
>>
>>65363507
hey not cringe at all, this is pretty good
>>
>>65363507
>>65363592
Pretty lame though actually, this is why bullies should always exist
>>
FLIGHT 22 IS OFF TO HONOLULU
FLIGHT 22 IS OFF TO HONOLULU
>>
>>65363636
it was really lame :(
>>
yup
>>
>>65363504
>obnoxious
You're just trying to hate it at this point
>>
Have you guys listened to their new single? :^)
>>
>>65363636
*kids who got beat by their dads should always exist
>>
>>65363448
That's a genius sample though. It actually says "Since I met you". You're convinced it's "left" because that's the name. The person singing is trying to convince themselves they are better off since they left their partner. Actually, they were better "since I MET you", but they want to tell themselves they aren't.
>>
>>65363777
that's my jam nigga
>>
File: das_it_mane.png (454 KB, 414x499) Image search: [Google]
das_it_mane.png
454 KB, 414x499
>>65365033
This dude gets it
>>
Favorite meme album, maybe
>>
>>65365033
Not to be a >DUDE WEED XD fag but when you listen to this album stoned for the first time as a teenager it's pretty immense.
>>
>>65365033
Holy shit I had no idea. Fight Tonight's vocal sample is also "I need to book a flight tonight. I" but i always see people saying it's "you could book a flight tonight. I"
>>
>>65365033
I think this album is the perfect melancholic breakup album, as opposed to a traditional depressive breakup album like Disintegration. In the beginning of the album, the speaker claims that he is better off without his ex partner ("I've found the world so new"). He convinces himself that he can be happy without her, and this is showed in the album by all of the dance tracks symbolizing that he is having an amazing time without her in his life anymore. However, when we get to Extra Kings, the speaker realizes that he can't keep acting like he is okay. Going to the club and dancing his ass to forget about her isn't working anymore. Now he desperately wants her back, but he knows he never will because he waited too long to say how he really felt about the breakup.

At least that's my interpretation of the album..
>>
>>65362776
>>65362902
>>65362930
>>65363962
t. embryo

>>65363098
>>65363403
>>65365802
t. super duper embryo
>>
>>65365247
Degenerate
>>
>>65365802
Agreed. Not only that but Extra Kings brings the album full circle meaning the "protagonist" is no better off than when they started. Despite all that they can't let them go.
>>
It's been my favorite album since I first heard it. I know most ppl think "those who don't listen to much music have Avalanches as their fav" and that may be true but I listen to toooonssss of music, listened to most of what's on /mu/ essentials list (besides metal, soz) before I even knew what /mu/ was.
>>
>>65363507
That boy needs therapy.
>>
I cannot listen to this album all the way through, its so fucking boring
>>
>>65365917
lol nice
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.