[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You fucking faggots. It hasn't even been six fucking hours
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 8
File: wildflower.png (776 KB, 615x616) Image search: [Google]
wildflower.png
776 KB, 615x616
You fucking faggots. It hasn't even been six fucking hours yet, and you're all fucking complaining.

It's literally one FUCKING song released in the past 16 years by them and you pathetic, talentless, lifeless faggots are already typing away at your keyboards with your greasy, chubby fingers about how the song doesn't meet your every requirement.

Take a fucking pistol and jam it into your mouth and pull the trigger you worthless cunts, it's all you're good for.
>>
>>65352576
oh goodie! another thread
>>
File: HoraceDerwent.jpg (23 KB, 500x450) Image search: [Google]
HoraceDerwent.jpg
23 KB, 500x450
>>
>>65352576
But anon it's literally family SUV car commercial music
>>
File: 1463702040273s.jpg (3 KB, 83x125) Image search: [Google]
1463702040273s.jpg
3 KB, 83x125
but to be fair OP. don't you think 16 years would culminate more spectacularly?

I mean, 16 years passes, and the art has progressed to this level?

Its not like they don't have time to consider this, this was an extremely thought out, carefully planned, mulled over decision to release THIS song. It can be judged, because they themselves understand the weight it holds
>>
i'm not sure if you noticed this but /mu/ rapidly devolved into contrarian opinions the last few years. every big album this and last year was immediately called shit because it's the cool thing to do.

/mu/ don't like music anymore, ever since NORMIES started liking music >:)
>>
>>65352576
You sound like such an adolescent sperg. The avalanches are shit, by the way.
>>
You fucking faggot. It hasn't even been six fucking hours yet, and you're fucking complaining.

It's literally been only a few FUCKING hours which is nothing compared to how old /mu/ is and you, pathetic, talentless, lifeless faggot, are already typing away at your keyboard with your greasy, chubby fingers about how the board doesn't meet your every requirement.

Take a fucking pistol and jam it into your mouth and pull the trigger you worthless cunt, it's all you're good for.
>>
>>65352633
stfu
>>
>>65352642
stfu
>>
>>65352608
Are you trying to say that you think that they think this is the best song they have on their new album and that's why they chose to release it first?
>>
>>65352667
Here's to hoping this is their radio single
>>
>>65352667
He didn't say that at all. He just wishes that the song they did release built more hype and wasn't total trash.
>>
>>65352700
Except it's not trash
>>
your daily be nice to The Avalanches™
>>
What song? The Avalanches? I only listened to some of their EPs, they're a pretty generic plunderphonics band. I could understand the hype IF they started in the 60s/70s when Plunderphonics was made and did what they're doing but they started decades later meaning they're just derivative of the main idea.
>>
>>65352576
its not even bad, i mean 1st 10 seconds i was like

nah wtf, but it grew on me
>>
>>65352857
Let go of my dick
>>
wow dude, the track is fucking killer! Frank Sinatra is straight up CLASS!
What a wacky video too, crazy cats and paintball fucking LOL ! XD
And that Sound of Music sample, so inspired and original!
Everyone who hates on this MASTERPIECE are dumb talentless hacks with have no sense of CLASS!

I MEAN, LIKE YOU COULD DO ANY BETTER AMIRITE??
>>
>>65352857

> 60s/70s when Plunderphonics was made

What the fuck

are you fucking high

or maybe thinking musique concrete = plunderphonics
>>
>>65352923
he read a wikipedia article, i think this makes him an expert okay, it references MAINSTREAM albums like endtroducing and since i left you
>>
>>65352822
It's boring drivel
>>
>>65352979
You're boring drivel
>>
>>65352923
>>65352950
Maybe you want to listen to more than twenty albums from the 2000s and you'll hear in some "experimntal" musicians the same technique that is called plunderphonics.
>>
>>65352914
this shitpost just rocked my world
>>
>>65352914
"A man's attitude... a man's attitude goes some ways. The way his life will be. Is that somethin' you agree with?"
>>
Thank god this is a bonus track
>>
IF IT'S GARBAGE IT'S GARBAGE
WOULD YOU PREFER PEOPLE LIE JUST TO SATISFY YOUR FANBOY INSTINCTS?

COCKSUCKER
>>
>>65352602
so a song about getting pulled over with drugs in your system is good suv commercial stuff

um
>>
i need to go to sleep but all this fighting over a shitty song is too good to pass up
>>
The new music we heard on the hotline and in the trailer was great, and I'm happy to hear a bit of variety in there too.
>>
idk once you think of it as an off-the-wall hip hop track it improves I reckon
>>
>>65352576
Is it really worth getting pissed over
>>
>>65352576
I thought it was pretty good, but I think most people are upset because it doesn't really sound like avalanches for the most part.
>>
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/the-avalanches-unveil-new-album-wildflower-debut-single-20160602
Dat tracklist
Looks like its gonna be another cohesive thing looking at the number of tracks. Unless we get a College Dropout style sprawl, ech
>>
Sucks to see features on an Avalanches album, kinda defeats the point of plunderphonics right? Does this mean movement away from pure plunderphonics?
>>
>>65353237
I mean, IMO the bigger disservice would be to release SILY 2

They're obviously not abandoning their roots but I wanna see a bit of change here and there, and this new track gives me hope.
>>
>>65352576
I'm in complete agreement OP.
>>
>>65353237
Why? Would you rather a lackluster sequel of the same thing?
>>
The album will be good
>>
Woah it's the American flag
But they're Australian?
What
>>
>>65353237
>Does this mean movement away from pure plunderphonics?

They've never been "pure", they always played instruments. Samples can only get you so far.
>>
am i the only one who liked it?
>>
So /mu/ likes electro-swing now?
>>
1. The track is shit because it's a Danny Brown song produced by the Avalanches featuring MF Doom, NOT an Avalanches track.
2. Most of you didn't hear SILY until the 2010's so stop using the shitty "16 YEARS?!?!?!?!" excuse.
>>
>>65353458
>The track is shit because it's a Danny Brown song produced by the Avalanches featuring MF Doom, NOT an Avalanches track.

They made rap before making SILY, it's an Avalanches track
>>
>>65353458
>>65353479
this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBo3py7IP2s
>>
I'm just confused as to why Danny and Doom's vocals are so low in the mix. I can barely hear a bloody thing they're saying clearly.

Everything about this single sounds a bit demo-ish. Excited for the album though
>>
>>65353259
God damn this. Can you imagine if they just played it safe and released a basic sequel to their first album after making fans wait for 16 fucking years?
>>
So you can only express positive opinions concerning the single now? If you have an issue with people making their minds up after six hours, then you should be complaining about the people gushing about the new track as well.
>>
>>65353479
>>65353492
Ah yes, whenever I talk with anyone on the Internet they said "FUCK SILY WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO RETURN TO EL PRODUCTO"
>>
>>65352576
It's a genuinely awful song, stay mad
>>
>>65353760
this
>>
>>65352576
Obviously. Has any band stayed this many years without releasing new music only to when making a comeback everybody likes them?
MBV, GNR, Swans, King Crimson, Stone Roses and perhaps other i'm forgeting.
People will always stay filled with after years and years listening to their oldest stuff that they magically want music to be an instant classic. Most of the times not only is never a classic, it's just fan service.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (18 KB, 222x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
18 KB, 222x200
>4 minute song has been out for 6 hours
>it's unacceptable to have formed an opinion on it by now
>>
I don't want to be mean (I actually do), but I think anyone who likes this song is significantly dumber than those who do not. You see, this song is just a five-second loop with an added drum machine and random screams sprinkled throughout. Then Danny Brown comes in and glorifies being a complete retard like himself, eloquently stating, "I'm so high; you're so high!" before tacking on some random Frank Sinatra worship at the end to fit the beat (yes, The Avalanches' music has devolved into being a "beat"). MF DOOM's verse might have been okay, if this was an MF Grimm B-side. I can just picture the fedora-toting fans of this song nodding their heads and thinking, "Alright, Frank Sinatra, AWESOME, I love the classics!" Kill me.
>>
>>65354081
filtered
>>
>>65354081
don't forget the lazy sound of music sample reference, they never would have done something that blatant in the past
>>
>>65354168
What about the obvious Kraftwerk sample in Rolling High? Or "Tammy, Tammy, Tammy's in Love"?
>>
i thought it was great
>>
>>65354168
What's that sample right before the Sound of Music one from?
3:12 to 3:16 in the video
>>
>>65354168
Oh shit, I meant to write an entire other paragraph about how much this shit offended me. Even the fucking transition into it is choppy. What the actual fuck was their thought process when they decided to drop everything but the drum machine and include a good twenty seconds of My Favorite Things? Probably Danny saying it was "cash money" or some shit and they all played along so as not to hurt his feelings. Or maybe they snorted so much coke with him that their judgment got impaired entirely. And then it just goes right back into the same boring electroswing shit.

And let's not forget the "grand finale" of the track: they add in another kick drum. Fuck, it's so bad. Worse than the Deltron 3030 follow-up.
>>
>>65354193
always thought that was a half nod to bambaataa by way of, yeah it's somewhat blatant but still a b-side
>>
Reminder this isn't the song Danny Brown said would change the world

"I did one song with them a while ago and it was cool," Brown told Triple J. "They felt like it was OK and I felt like it was OK. But then we actually got in the studio and made a record and I swear the record we made is incredible. 'Frank Sinatra' was the first one we did. That was cool but the one we did after that... I swear, if we put that out, it'll change the world. I heard it that first night and that was the only time I heard it. I wanna hear it again!"
>>
>>65353492
this is miles ahead of frankie sinatra though
>>
>>65354636
If they thought it was just OK why the fuck would they put it on their album?
>>
File: 1464245339593.gif (3 MB, 177x340) Image search: [Google]
1464245339593.gif
3 MB, 177x340
>Take a fucking pistol and jam it into your mouth and pull the trigger you worthless cunts
>>
>>65353104
well now, here's a man that wants to get right down to it
>>
>>65352612
>contrarian opinions
>only the last few years

The central conceit of /mu/ has and always will be elitism and contrarianism. It is easily the most compelling thing about this godforsaken board and just about the only thing that separates here from /r/music.
>>
>>65354636
From the sounds of it, it seems like even the avalanches are meh on it too.

So why the fuck release it?

Danny Brown seems lukewarm, The Avalanches seems ehh about it so it doesn't make sense to lead this song as the opener
>>
I woke up with that chorus stuck in my head
>>
>>65354236

yay racism
>>
>>65354870
>this is the intelligence of the average Frankie Sinatra fan
>>
>>65354877
>newtrip thinks he's allowed to say anything ever
>>
>>65354735
it's not compelling at all, it ruins music discussion when hating everything is the cool thing to do.

people always say "it was always like this :^)" but it wasn't, /mu/ was always slightly contrarian yeah just like all of 4chan but they had actual discussion instead of instantly resorting to shitposting.
>>
>>65354768
To kill the hype a bit so people can actually absorb the rest of the album properly
>>
>>65354924
That actually makes sense. Put out a shit song. Lower expectations for people so they go in with no hype or less hype
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,t[1].jpg (77 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,t[1].jpg
77 KB, 800x800
>>65354902
>newfag thinks a Weebteam founder is a newtrip
>>
>>65354955
i dont think
>>
>>65354081
>>65354955
Dank le hat memes bro xD
upboated
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_O1hM-k3aUY
>>
>>65352576
>It hasn't even been six hours yet! That means you aren't allowed to hate it.
>>
File: 1459793856276.jpg (55 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1459793856276.jpg
55 KB, 640x480
>>65355012
>>65354955
>>65352590
>>
>>65354636
you are a fucking retard. Try rereading that quote
>>
>>65355652
Nah you reread idiot.
>>
>>65354168

the maddona Holiday sample was pretty blatant desu, there was a fuss made over it even at the time
>>
The track that was on that hotline or whatever was expected Avalanches quality. This Frankie S one is v forgettable, and not that great. It's not like they've never released a mediocre song before though, so I'm not worried about the rest of the album.
>>
So since the Avalanches have proven they can't follow up SILY what are some other good sample heavy albums that aren't just sound collage? Be it turntablism or anything else as long as the majority of the music is made from samples.
>>
>>65355774
This. The song on the hotline sounded straight out of SILY.
>>
>>65355790
https://keatscollective.bandcamp.com/album/pierpoint-ep
>>
I feel utterly betrayed.
>>
>>65352914
Avalanches have always been electro swing

jk
>>
>>65354215
I think it's from Sgt. Peppers.
>>
>>65353104
Thanks Mr. Swans
>>
>>65353532
If it ain't broke then don't fix it. You sound like you wouldn't want a Loveless 2. Who the fuck wouldn't want a Loveless 2?
>>
>>65357288
Oh yeah I'd love another 45 minutes of unintelligible fuzzy shit
>>
>I don't like this song
>You fucking faggot. It hasn't even been six fucking hours yet, and you're fucking complaining. It's literally one FUCKING song released in the past 16 years by them and you pathetic, talentless, lifeless faggot are already typing away at your keyboard with your greasy, chubby fingers about how the song doesn't meet your every requirement. Take a fucking pistol and jam it into your mouth and pull the trigger you worthless cunt, it's all you're good for.

holy fuck anon I just don't like the song you daft cunt
>>
>>65352612
>stop disliking what I like! xD

if you want rosy-eyed mindless optimism, stick to reddit. we aren't here to circlejerk over abortions like frankie sinatra
>>
>>65354917
They don't hate everything, they just hate music they think is bad.
And no, it doesn't ruin discussion, so go blame yourself for that.
And yes, it was indeed always like that, and actually even worse because it was filled with /b/tards.
>>
>>65352633
Will this become a new copypasta?
>>
>>65354781
me too. it's weird because during my first listen last night I thought it was hot garbage and proceeded to /mu/ to shitpost about it, but while doing so I found myself replaying the song in the background. now I kind of like it
>>
>>65352576
>pathetic, talentless, lifeless

that's exactly what i think about the avalanches
>>
what happened to the ariel pink collab? they didn't mention him during the interview
>>
Electronic doesn't take any talent whatsoever to create, alright? All you have to do is press a button and twist a few knobs and suddenly you got a bunch of beeps and boops that every pretentious looser will pretend to like, while REAL musicians; people who play the piano, people who play the guitar, they just get ripped off, they lose their jobs because of people who like Skrillerex, because of people that like deadmau5, alright?

All these people, they just, ah... They rip people off making all these nasty sounds that sound like people screaming and just really loud bass drums and crap. None of this stuff is real music, alright? It's just a bunch of beeps and boops, alright? Basically it's just 5 minutes of sound FX to listen to and honestly who likes to listen to that? Nobody does. People from places like tumblr, they pretend to like it, but umm, no, not me, I like real music, OK? REAL MUSIC WITH GUITARS AND PIANOS.
>>
>>65354236
Event II had some good stuff on it, kill yourself
>>
>>65354781
So it wasn't just me then
>>
File: go die.jpg (64 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
go die.jpg
64 KB, 1024x1024
>>65352576
go die
>>
>>65352576
But anon, snottily dismissing something because it isn't exactly like what came before makes me patrician.
>>
>>65353259
No it wouldn't be

They could literally just do a concept album like SILY but with a different style. As long as its not something fucking garbage like this fedora swing

Change is fine when ITS FUCKING GOOD
>>
Man there is a lot of salty people in this thread.
>>
>>65354081
Imagine literally calling someone less intelligent for liking a song you don't like then later calling them the fedora wearers
>>
>>65355652
Lmao
>>
>>65357288
>Who the fuck wouldn't want a Loveless 2?
For all intents and purposes, this already happened.
>>
>>65353454
This isn't electro swing. There is absolutely no swing element to this. You don't even know what swing music is, obviously lol.
>>
>>65357288
There's no way a Loveless 2 (or any like concept for a classic album) would stand up to the original
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.