[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The older I get the more I realize how waters and Gilmore stole
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (304 KB, 1000x994) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304 KB, 1000x994
The older I get the more I realize how waters and Gilmore stole pink Floyd and turned it into a political dad rock band. The Barrett Floyd is so so much better.
>>
>>65351989
I can somewhat respect Gilmour. Waters is a cunt though.
>>
Barrett Floyd best Floyd
>>
I only like ummagumma
any color you like is cool
>>
were they addicted to the pot and LSD?
>>
>>65352091
no dad
>>
I always refer to Barrett floyd as "english tea time".

I think PF hit peak at Pompeii, that style. if you haven't seen waters hitting that massive gong like a madman, while gilmour makes seagull sounds and other noise on his strat, the drummer going nuts....its fucking awesome. really expressive and big and experimental/powerful. I agree that EVENTUALLY it began to go "in that direction" im not sure entirely I would blame that on.......

>>65352091
oh, maybe it was actually because they started taking LESS LSD. lol
>>
>>65351989
Pretty much, used to be a big dadrocker as a kid and I loved DSOTM and Wish you Were Here, but now i pretty much only listen to Piper at the gates of dawn

Cuck-coo!!!
>>
OP just wait until you are even a little older and go full circle. Everymusic fan goes through the phase of pretending to like the barret stuff more, only to realise you were kidding yourself because you thought it would be cooler to be a barret fan.
>>
File: 1462824373842.jpg (34 KB, 620x650) Image search: [Google]
1462824373842.jpg
34 KB, 620x650
>forced syd to take lsd despite it fucking with his schizophrenia, just so he could take control of the band
>bullied richard wright to quit the band and get on hard drugs
>deleted david gilmours good take of dogs just to spite him
>tried numerous times to kill david
>wrote a very homophobic, antisemitic, racist song he tried to pass off as deep sophisticated commentary
>believes the great lawful nation of Israel should be destroyed and Sharia law should reign over Western Europe
>pushed nick mason into one of those tar pits in pompeii
>told syd to never show his face again at his sudden reemergence in 75, also stole his wallet
>used syd's royalty income to pay the debts from the failed the wall tour
>exposed richard to constant radiation giving him terminal cancer
>recorded a momentary lapse of reason, but retroactively left the band and blamed everything on david when it received awful reviews
>>
>>65352217
how can one man be so based?
>>
File: 1464728045610.jpg (55 KB, 500x544) Image search: [Google]
1464728045610.jpg
55 KB, 500x544
>>65352217
>thinking the slurs used on In The Flesh are sincere.
do you also think he's a fucking nazi?
>>
File: b60.jpg (40 KB, 505x392) Image search: [Google]
b60.jpg
40 KB, 505x392
>>65352217
>Immortal
>Can't be killed
>The one time Waters even stuck him with 12 hacksaws and the motherfucker didn't even bleed
>Magician
>Pushed off a london highrise by Waters after an argument and the motherfucker's bones didn't even crack
>Only appearing to grow older as to not alert the public to his reptilian cyborg immunity to all threats physical or metaphysical
>Was in Floyd for the shits
>Literally shit on Waters last week while he was sleeping
>Ascending to higher dimension as we speak
>>
>>65352217
Good boy dindu nuffin etc
>>
File: dgil.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dgil.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
mfw Roger Waters outshines me in Dogs even though he can't sing
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.