[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else noticing that the reception of this so far is following
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: Wildflower_Web.jpg (134 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
Wildflower_Web.jpg
134 KB, 620x620
Anyone else noticing that the reception of this so far is following the exact same pattern as Painting With? Can't wait for everyone who likes the song to flip-flop once p4k reviews it
>>
>>65349221
>Anyone else noticing that the reception of this so far is following the exact same pattern as Painting With?
Do you mean lukewarm? Yes I have noticed.

>Can't wait for everyone who likes the song to flip-flop once p4k reviews it
I don't think many people flip flopped. Reactions were mixed before and mixed after, and Pitchfork wasn't the only publication that gave it a bad review. I'd say most mainstream reviewers considered it mediocre/bad.

>Can't wait for everyone who likes the song to flip-flop once p4k reviews it
Reactions to this new Avalanches song have also been pretty mixed. The fact that you're pointing out that pitchfork will give it a bad review (if the single is an indicator of the content) implies that you already think that the single is subpar.
>>
Your move Mike Powell
>>
>>65349221
What are you talking about? The reactions I've seen have been terrible.
>>
>>65349449
They're mostly mixed as far as I can tell. Same how Floridada was
>>
Frankie Sinatra is pretty fucking mediocre honestly. I can't believe these are the same people that did Since I Left You.
>>
>>65349473
I'm mostly seeing shit for it. But what could I have really expected from /mu/ when it's a band that everyone has been fapping over for years?

The album will probably be pretty good but I'm expecting a lot of people shitting on it because it's not SILY 2.
>>
No matter how good it is, it can never live up to SILY, simply because it's been 11 years and it's sat for such a long time that I think it has no chance, even if it's great it will be labeled a disappointment.
>>
>>65349567
This. It'll destroy their legacy.
>>
>>65349621
It was actually really cool that they only released one album and it was a self-contained masterpiece. Now they've gone and soiled it.
>>
>>65349673
This is starting to remind me of what happened with the Pixies.
>>
>>65349567
yup. mbv, Indie Cindy, Deltron event 2, Magic Whip,Endless River, Citizen Insane, What The..., A Better Tomorrow. all major disappointments
The only comeback record I can think of that was of the same quality of the artists previous work was Syro recently
>>
Mark Hollis returned after Talk Talk with a good album 7 years later.
>>
I'm really disappointed. I hope the rest of the album is better.
>>
>>65349797
Syro wasn't really a comeback, he had been releasing material fairly steadily under different names in between
>>
>>65349567
totally and i think they realized that while making this new record. i honestly don't think this song is that bad, i wasn't expecting since i left you part 2 in any form anyways
>>
So what will be the next Fanboy & Chum Chum?
>>
>>65349567
this is tragic for how true it is. even if this record is literally album of the decade people are simply too attached SILY, which i honestly can't blame them for.
>>
>>65351264
Banjo Kazooie music
>>
>>65351451
Banjo Kazooie has pretty good music desu
>>
avalanches were always garbage
its like endtroducing for toddlers
>>
Drake One Dance > Frankis Sinatra
>>
>>65352243
>thinking DJ Shadow is the pinnacle of plunderphonic music.

i bet you also think prince paul and de la soul are hip hops grateful dead too m8.
>>
>>65352308
>i bet you also think prince paul and de la soul are hip hops grateful dead too
no, they're much better than that
>>
>>65352308
i think since i left you is shitty uninspired sample work..
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.