[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been 3 years, can we finally admit this was a good album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7
File: kanye-west-yeezus.jpg (46 KB, 500x449) Image search: [Google]
kanye-west-yeezus.jpg
46 KB, 500x449
It's been 3 years, can we finally admit this was a good album?
>>
>2013 was 27 years ago
>>
>>65346669
my favorite kanye release desu
>>
its been already 3 years holy fuck
anyway i loved some of the songs but was really badly mastered as always
>>
babbys first """""experimental""""" album
>>
This isn't the avalanches
>>
File: The_life_of_pablo_alternate.jpg (77 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
The_life_of_pablo_alternate.jpg
77 KB, 600x600
It's been 6 months. Can we agree this was bad?
>>
>>65346669
>rap
>good
tsk tsk
>>
>>65346750
i mean...... at least yeezus WAS mastered
>>
>>65346806
anyone who praises yeezus has to admit this is a piece of shit album
>>
>all this TLOP hate
>buying into a meme

Have any of you thoroughly studied TLOP? It's a masterpiece.

>the same people who swear trout mask replica is art shit on TLOP
>>
>>65347018
Masterpiece is a pretty strong word you fucking tv dinner eating hick.
>>
>>65347178
It's a strong word that fits TLOP perfectly.

There has not been such an emotionally driven album with such broad range and composition in years.
>>
File: 1464669904268.jpg (38 KB, 1162x644) Image search: [Google]
1464669904268.jpg
38 KB, 1162x644
so did kanye listen to death grips before this or is it just a conspiracy theory
>>
>>65347389
Noah Goldstein said they didn't listen to DG once before or during the production of it.
>>
>>65346764
the avalanches sucks and boring.
>>
>>65346806
shit album. kanye clearly doesn't care, that you can't put singles together and call it an 'album'. to me TLOP is a compilation of singles. some of them were good.
>>
my favorite yeezus album, one of my absolute favorite albums ever
its not meant to be experimental
its _certainly_ not meant to be industrial
>>
>>65347730
thank you
>>
>2006 was a decade ago
>I was born in 1995
>I am almost 21 years old

Old fags I bet this feels weird.
>>
>>65347178
I have to eat tv dinners because sad things
>>
File: 5DYRifs.jpg (65 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
5DYRifs.jpg
65 KB, 645x773
>2002 was eight years before 911
>>
>>65347389
Daft Punk made the beat for On Sight and On Sight is about the ONLY thing that sounds remotely Death Grips related. If anything, it was more heavily influenced by The Wild EP by Sydney in Theory and UnkleLuc.

I am getting so tired of pointing this out to people but, people need to know. Because this album isn't fucking death grips influenced at all lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SYW5sPnT_A

http://thewildep.tumblr.com/
>>
>>65348163
who do people assume that death grips is that original ? i swear i've heard sounds like death grips waaaay before death grips.
>>
>>65348210
because this is /mu/

/mu/ only believes the hivemind
>>
Every year it gets better man. I think he can't top it
>>
>>65348210
I mean, I haven't personally but I'll be the first to admit I'm ignorant to a lot of eras of music. I'm sure such is the case with anyone who wants to say Yeezus is ripping off Death Grips. When it clearly isn't. They hear harsh noise and experimental beats and suddenly someone is ripping off Death Grips? lol. Okay.
>>
It's honestly his best album. Production is tight, the 10 tracks make it lean, and I can't think of anything on it that's actually weak. Maybe On Sight?
>>
>>65347248
kek. if you think TLOP is anything more than a 2/10 you are fucking bonkers mate. it might actually be one of the most lowbrow, asinine pieces of shit ever made.
>>
>>65346669
ye's best along w/ 808s. lean and sonically thrilling.
>>
>>65348861
Please tell me more about what /mu/ told you to think.
>>
>>65349017
/mu/ was all over TLOPs dick, what are you smoking bro?
>>
>>65348970
i'm pretty sure yeezus and 808s are kanye's favorites as well
>>
>>65348163
Sshh let the death grips kids think they're meme band is influential
>>
>>65349083
Makes sense considering they were the most influential and decisive releases he's done in his discography. And when I say that I mean that they pushed him to progress into different genres or areas of music he may not have otherwise tapped into. 808s I feel eventually lead to MBDTF what with the auto-tune and lo-fi vocal usage, a lot of lo-fi stuff as a matter of fact. And Yeezus he said himsefl was him just trying to go completely off the map of himself and just do something different for himself, which then lead to TLOP.
>>
>>65347676
like im gonna believe that jew
>>
File: yeezus15.gif (985 KB, 245x189) Image search: [Google]
yeezus15.gif
985 KB, 245x189
3 years and no one has still been able to top it
>>
>>65346669
Let's wait 10 more years and maybe you'll have more than 17 years to have a better taste.
>>
>>65346806
Why cant i find it on itunes?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.