[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So where is the next animal collective or just the next big creative
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1464811169347.png (127 KB, 580x398) Image search: [Google]
1464811169347.png
127 KB, 580x398
So where is the next animal collective or just the next big creative band that breaks into pop culture in general? All the bush era bands are either dead or dying and it seems nothing is replacing them
>>
Normal Love
>>
radiohead still pretty alive and they're H.W. Bush era

anyway yeah indie music is on its way out, just check the releases from 2016, mediocre. there will be no next anco, or sufjan, or LCD
>>
https://soundcloud.com/tevmmvte/seaglass

Like if Panda collabed with Beach House
>>
>>65343096
Radiohead is still going strong

Also Alvvays will become the next REM
>>
>>65343096
Some of us just need money for equipment, op
>>
>>65343703
checking
>>
Joanna has been biding her time-

Divers is just as strong as Have One On Me and Ys.
>>
>>65345850
Age of Adz is Suf's best album, with Carrie and Lowell close behind. Don't act like that finger-picky, state-based shit is of the same caliber.
>>
>>65346493
not saying he's dead, just that he won't be usurped or recreated

but i do like illinois the best, super nostalgic for me
>>
>>65343703
>>65346390
interesting, it reminds me of kakkmaddafakka
>>
It kind of seems like "indie" is over. Major labels don't seem big enough for there to be a recognizable "indie" culture. Maybe it's just because I'm not in college. But Pitchfork and Stereogum are basically hip hop and rock that seems radio friendly enough. TinyMixTapes is still weird, but anymore everything they pimp has to be viewed through some theoretical framework to be bearable.

I don't care really. 00s indie was never my scene as much as the weird experimental electronic psychedelic droney spacey shit Not Not Fun and all those midwesterner/rust-belters put out up through the end of that decade. That all seems to have dried up.

I also liked witch house. Salem, Sleep Over, etc.

At least Death Grips and Ariel Pink remain interesting.

I miss Weed Temple.

What was the question?
>>
Have you idiots not heard Whitney yet?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGKN6qiDqnk
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.