[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which one are you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8
File: fantano_2.jpg (116 KB, 640x438) Image search: [Google]
fantano_2.jpg
116 KB, 640x438
there are three type of people on this board when it comes to fantano

the viewer
>watches fantano sometimes
>watches for a general opinion on an album from a different perspective
>doesn't let fantano's score influence his own because he isn't underage and is capable of creating his own opinion

the autist
>watches for opinion justification
>the type of guy who compares fantano scores on /mu/
>the type of guy who waits for a fantano video before he says his own opinion
>incapable of creating own opinion because fantano does it for him

the guy
>doesn't care about fantano or pitchfork
>forms opinions on his own without needing justification from the general public

which one are you?
>>
last one
>>
>>65341420
The guy
>>
I'm seriously tempted to filter all terms related to Fantano
its so dumb how much discourse is centered around him these days and I worry that not even half of it is ironic
>>
the viewer
>>
I'm more of a Scaruffi guy
>>
>>65341420
A mix between a viewer and a autist.
>>
Why do people watch this guy? What do they possibly hope to get out of it?
>>
>>65341520
because autistic people and underage consider fantano a real respectable opinion for some reason and they take him very seriously
>>
File: image.jpg (404 KB, 1435x1072) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
404 KB, 1435x1072
>>65341420
Tbh I watch him sometimes just because it's entertaining. Couldn't care less about what he has to say about the music.
>>
>>65341420
>>forms opinions on his own without needing justification from the general public

In my experience most people who do this have just as boring a taste as the critic drones. It's as if they're droning a made up critic in their head.
>>
why are there so many OPs like you

so concerned with autists and people forming their own opinion

like why give a shit
>>
File: doggo.gif (2 MB, 450x340) Image search: [Google]
doggo.gif
2 MB, 450x340
d. the shitposter

now look at this doggo
>>
>>65341630
by making these threads autists become self conscious because of their self diagnosed anxiety therefore discouraging them from posting again
>>
>>65341420
the autist
>>
>>65341420
>literally caring this much about a random guy posting some videos of himself
The fuck do you mean 'types of fantano viewers', he's not the freaking second coming of christ, yeesh.
>>
>>65341683
do they though

I don't think this plan is working

i just want to listen to indie rock and post about potatoes
>>
I occasionally watch a Fantano review because first, it's at least moderately fun to watch him tear into a piece of music, and second, because I recognize it's the only way that I'll get a sense of the pitchfork approved periphery pop that this board masturbates to because my tastes are typically tailored towards the more obscure and I can already predict I won't get around to this year's Radiohead, Swans, Death Grips, AnCo, etc. until next year, or the year thereafter.
>>
>>65341420
the guy and the viewer seem like the same person to me
>>
>>65341420
a mix of the viewer and the guy
I watch him very rarely, mostly just to see what shitposters on here will be referencing
>>
>>65341420
the viewer
fantano is a pretty well articulated critic, though i disagree with his views a lot.
>>
the only time i read reviews is when i'm listening to the album so why would i listen to a review
>>
the viewer. I think he's pretty entertaining yo
>>
>>65341471
this
the true patrician only listens to what le old pedo recommends.
>>
Could someone post the picture of Anthony Fantano looking pissed off? Please, I need it.
>>
the viewer.
>>
Although sometimes he rushes his verdict and doesn't give albums the time to breathe that I think they should, He clearly formulates an articulate opinion with REASONS. Which is more that most people on mu imo. I rarely agree with him outside rock music but its always interesting to see what he thinks.
>>
File: 1461652140000.jpg (30 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1461652140000.jpg
30 KB, 600x400
>>65341435
>>
>>65342050
unty why do you always type like a sociopath posting on r/music
why do you spend so much effort trying to alienate yourself from your peers

you're triggering my social autism
>>
ffs what is the obsesion /mu/ has with fantano? is it because he was smarter than you turds? yeah i bet that's the case. You all still grind your teeth and scream "why? why didn't i tought of becoming a music reviewer on youtube first. It could've been me just saying random shit while making money from the ad revenue".
Seriously fantano is a fuckin' idiot, but i'm really tired of seeing this board filled with his face.
>>
>>65341420
a mix between viewer and the guy
>>
i have over 10,000 albums. why would i give a fuck what anyone says about just one of them?

also itt: everyone is the guy
>>
>>65341420
I am

The Guy.

Fuck Pitchfork and fuck Fantano. Also fuck Scaruffi and fuck poseurs.
Listen to what you like.Period

I call that "The montie"
>>
i'm the autist, and i mimic anthony in my daily life (when i'm forced to speak that is)
>>
>>65344408

fuck yeah dude burn people kill shit fuck school
>>
Can't believe this can stir this community up, lol, he;s just a dime a dozen music reviewer
>>
>>65344454
Like and share if you agree

>>65344478
>Just a dime a dozen

But he has power, unlike those other people.
Your opinion only matters when it gets spammed
>>
is he that popular? and has a strong fanbase or what? never seen any of his videos
>>
>>65341494
same
>>
>>65341420

if dubs fantano had sex with op's mom
>>
>>65341420
the guy
>>
>>65344312
You people are not my peers.

I have no peers.

I have no peer.

There is only me.
>>
>>65342050
>being this snooty about pop music on 4chan, while being a tripfag
>saying "thereafter" when "after" would have been perfectly fine

You are a pretentious twat.
>>
>>65341420
the guy obviously
>>
>>65341420
The viewer
>>
File: 7090605[1].jpg (21 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
7090605[1].jpg
21 KB, 437x437
>>65347035
>>
>>65341420
You forgot the tryhards who will form the exact opposite opinion as fantano.
>>
File: 1461705296341.jpg (1 MB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
1461705296341.jpg
1 MB, 5000x5000
>>65347035
well unty's back
>>
>>65341420
The viewer.
But I have actual autism so it would seem your naming needs some rethinking
>>
I watch Pantano to try music outside my comfort zone.
Sometimes he recommends good stuff like Ghost or Vektor.
Most of the stuff he likes is shit tho, like XiuXiu or Death Grips.
I also find a ton of music on the share threads, but still enjoy watching his shitty opinions
>>
>>65341420
Viewer obviously. Fantanos reviews are informative and entertaining who actually gives a fuck.
>>
>>65344408
>"the montie"
you're making me cringe dude.
>>
>>65348260
>being snooty
I'm not being "snooty." With most releases that this board shits itself over, I often don't find myself compelled to listen until they linger into the waning recessing of this board's recollection. If I could change that fact, I suppose I would, and inspire some motivation to listen to the new Radiohead or Kendrick Lamar, but I have none.

The entirety of your post reeks of insecurity.
>>
>>65341420
definitely the viewer.
>>
>>65344408
oh right, you're monty! that's right guys, look, it's monty!
>>
the viewer. I enjoy Fantanos videos but if he gives an album that I like a low score, I'll still like it, because I'm not autistic. It's also a way to find music.
>>
mix between viewer and guy. I like listening to the melon-man on the toilet.
>>
of course nobody will pick the autist you stupid autistic piece of shit. nice 14 yr old tier thread bitch kys pls
>>
>>65349314
are you saying you don't listen to albums unless nobody is talking about them? that's gay desu famalam
>>
>>65341420
the viewer.
>>
>>65341420
The viewer
>>
>>65351912
>>65351884
you mean 'the gay'
>>
the autist
>>65351821
:^)
>>
I watch Fantano a lot because he's entertaining. He also has a similarish music taste to my own so he's good for getting recs. He's never influenced my rating though because I'm not 12. And I don't opinion justification because I'm not 12.
>>
>>65351941
hahah xD no you didn't win, faggot, because it has to be unironical
>>
>>65351993
>implying he's not partaking in new sincerity
pleg
>>
I'm gonna say the guy. Because my music taste ins't popular on /mu/ at all, but at the same time everyone calls me a "pitchfork drone" for enjoy mainstream hip hop but I've never once been to pitchfork
>>
>>65351979
>friend asks to see your music library on your phone
>you let him
>he sees you have all of fantano's recent 8's and generally fantano-core
>he throws your phone in the trash, laughing at you
>he tells all your friends
>girls no longer look at you when you pass them by
>move towns
>still can't escape your reputation for listening to only what fantano tells you
>kys
>go to the gate of heaven
>only patricians allowed, aka not you
>kys again
>>
>>65351993
:^)
>>
>>65352052
Nice kek!
>>
>>65341604
why did you add film grain to that? no copy of slacker looks like that. also the color is off, did you lower saturation?
>>
The viewer I guess. I'll watch any jackass with a camera talk about an album I'm interested in tho, jus bc I like other perspectives.
>>
>>65341420
Fuck off anthony
>>
>>65342333
Why is he a pedo?
>>
>>65352354
He isn't.
People just meme it up beacause in one of his essays he asked the rhethorical question why he can't marry a 12 year old or his refrigerator.
>>
The trump fag

>calls everything SJW and cucks while brining up trump and getting mad while people tell him to go back to /pol/
>>
>>65341420
i'm more of a tinymixtapes kinda guy
have maybe watched two fantano videos, don't like the way he talks
>>
Viewer, I enjoy what he does but I've disagreed with him about so many things early on that I just watch them as sort of a preview or to see if he knows whats up.
>>
File: 1Ag1Ykbq_400x400.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1Ag1Ykbq_400x400.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>protip
if you're on /mu/ you are all of them
>>
I like to watch Fantano for his comedy desu. he mostly reviews albums that recently came out and I don't listen to much new music so he's just for fun.
>>
i have anthony fantano posters on my wall and cut my hair like his
>>
the guy, but i also hate critics in general.
>>
>>65341420
What's a fantano.
>>
>>65341604
>>65352106
Slacker is a fucking great movie
>>
I am the guy
The reason I that I dont care about reviews from the genre called opionated review.
Since pitchfork and fantano only do that, this means I wont be watching or reading them
>>
first one

he's a good way to discover unheard albums imo
>>
>>65341420
am I viewer or guy? I have seen fantano a couple times to see what the fuss was about but I think his reviews are inane.
>>
>>65349314
>I'm not being "snooty." With most releases that this board shits itself over, I
We dont shits ourself, over, its just FUCKING STEALTH MARKETING

Jesus fuck, when did you joined this?

You sound like those stupid guys that saw the movie "the time" (the one with time as currency with justin timberlake) or the movie the purge (the one where you can do "anything" at specific) and dont know the rich guys of the movie are doing an conspiracy, even with those movies specifically spelling the truth to the viwers (they dont even have to guess)
>>
the guy

the only time i ever know about whatever fantango or pitchfork or whoever is saying about an album is when you lot make threads about it. There's usually more threads about what one of these think about an album than about the album itself.
>>
File: its unty.png (2 MB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
its unty.png
2 MB, 1000x1000
>>65347035
reminder
>>
>>65347035
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7&v=R3tV9JIJ6G4

cool youtube reviews guy
>>
>>65341520

Entertainment.
>>
the viewer, def
>>
>>65341420
Probably the viewer
>>
yeah
>>
>>65344312
>why do you always type like a sociopath posting on r/music
unty has asperger, for real
please don't make fun of him, he needs help
>>
>>65341420
technically the viewer but I'm the guy

I like his skits but don't really care about his reviews
>>
>>65341668
sick stick trick doggo
>>
>>65341420
>the autist

me haha i'm so honest CX
>>
i just download from the sharethread the albums with pretty covers that aren't more than 2 years old
>>
>>65341668
pretty cool dogger, famiglian, that wasn't a shitpost at all.
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.