[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rock Bottom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: rock bottom.jpg (252 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
rock bottom.jpg
252 KB, 600x600
What does /mu/ think about this album?

I think I first heard this in an art class, liked it but then forgot about it, but rediscovered it thanks to Scaruffi's list. You think for as many people who spam memes relating around music reviewers, they would listen to this album. What do you think about it in all honesty?
>>
>>65324681
Like it a good bit, deserving of being revered by those who revere it, personally it's just a largely above average album that I don't particularly think of frequently but that is only due to my own tastes
Don't completely get why it got the 9.5 though, at least by his standards
>>
I orgasm every time I listen to Little Red Riding Hood
It's that fucking good
>>
>>65324681
I like everything but his voice
>>
>>65324761
desu
b
h
>>
>>65324681
It's my favorite album and I rarely see it posted. Soft Machine's Third used to be discussed a fair amount, but this is even better. Underrated for sure.
>>
>>65324681

10/10, literally
>>
>>65324681
>but rediscovered it thanks to Scaruffi's list

You mean you forced yourself to like it because a meme critic told you what to think. Right.
>>
It's definitely pretty damn good. Overall I would just like to say how interesting this record is just for the sake of the fact that it's both very personal but yet also has the grandeur of progressive rock. I also love how the first two tracks are sorta proto-ambient with nice sounding jazzy melodies going through it, but then with the rest of the tracks when the "rock bottom" actually gets hit are far more chaotic and dissonant and weird. My only beef with the album is that sometimes its quirkiness leads to sections in the middle of a track that just make me think "why is this here?" Considering the jazzy feel of the album, it feels like if one of the players for a second forgot where they were and started playing something else by accident.

Also really weird about this album was that during an acid trip I was doing alone, I had decided to listen to a variety of prog and krautrock for the whole thing. This album was one of my listens, and it to my surprise did the least for me throughout the trip. Even albums that I find overrated due to how simple they actually are despite their "innovations" (Faust I, Wish You Were Here) did something for me. I like Rock Bottom more than those albums, too otherwise. Idk it's just strange how little my experience of this was affected while tripping to this album never had this happen with any other piece of music.
>>
>>65324681
It's quite alright
>>
Nit? Not nit? Alfie my larder!

I can see why 'Wyatting' people by playing his music in straight public settings is a thing. Basically a denser, less appealing take on Soft Machine's and Gong's sound.
>>
>>65328370
Confirmed for not having listened to Third? That stuff is way more out there than Rock Bottom
>>
What memes can you make around it?
>>
Its a good album, but it hasnt really clicked as well for me as people like Scruffy etc. who put it at GOAT status.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.