[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /mu/ ive never been here before so sorry if i enrage you by
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: index.jpg (6 KB, 256x163) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
6 KB, 256x163
Hi /mu/ ive never been here before so sorry if i enrage you by being a newfag.

I would like to learn to play the piano(i am not that well off though so it will be a keyboard) I have wanted to ever since i was very little but never had the time and my parents never had the money. Thats all changed now im all grown up though.

I just have no idea where to start and any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>
Anyone at all?
>>
Do people on /mu/ play instruments? I get the impression from looking through a few posts that im probably wrong.
>>
Well this is depressing.
>>
come on m8. it's a piano,

>get a piano
>learn to play it

it's harder to get in to synth shit, but cmon mang.
>>
>>65324612
true, also >>65324636
>>
>>65324526
>I just have no idea where to start and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Get one with 61-88 keys, that's up to your own preferences - look up brands like Casio, Yamaha, Roland, etc.
>>
Just the thread I was looking for, I actually started learning piano this year. Have a Clavinova piano in one room in my house and have been using that to learn, but I'd actually like to get a keyboard that I can have on my desk in front of my PC so I can do practice exercises and stuff in front of my PC etc. anyone able to suggest a keyboard to get?

was looking at:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Yamaha-P115-Digital-Piano-Black/dp/B00UNEECDY/ref=sr_1_1/279-5900577-2112556?ie=UTF8&qid=1464790506&sr=8-1&keywords=Yamaha+P-105

But it's rather expensive, though if it's a good investment I don't mind paying that much.

Also are there any good books to learn from, I'm having lessons, but my teacher primarily gets me to play some different pieces each week, feels like it's lacking structure so kinda want a book to refer to as well so I can be sure I'm learning everything.
>>
start major scales and then move on to minor with the corresponding chords. learn proper finger placement (get used to referring to your fingers as 1-2-3-4-5) and then start double octaves with major and minor. do that for a few months.
>>
Just hit a bunch of random notes and record it to outsource to most of the artists /mu/ listens to
>>
this is what to do if your poor:

drive to all the goodwills/salvation armys/second hand stores and look in their electronics and toy section to find keyboards. you can usually get a 61 key for under ten dollars.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.