[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: beyonce vs kendrick.png (138 KB, 1474x1552) Image search: [Google]
beyonce vs kendrick.png
138 KB, 1474x1552
Well /mu/?
>>
>>65324470
neither are acceptable
that being said, the end product that was tpab is definitely better than lemonade, but it was/is still massively overrated and has dated insanely quickly.
>>
>>65324512
thisthisthis
>>
>>65324470
notice how kendrick is always listed first in the writing credits
that means he's the main writer and has the most creative control
the other writers just helped him in the process by contributing something to the piece
meanwhile beyonce isn't listed as a main writer in any of the songs.
>>
>>65324470
Everything is acceptable
Why would I care how many people worked on something?
If it's good it's good
>>
>producer/writer Knowles

Here's your problem
>>
the kendrick one is mostly listing samples, afaics
note how a lot of the people being credited (james brown, fela) are already dead
>>
>>65324512
>neither are acceptable
>has dated insanely quickly.

Your entire post barely makes any sense, is it not acceptable to credit the people you sample from and work with unlike Daft Punk and Led Zeppelin? How on earth has TPAB dated insanely quickly, do you use music as a fashion statement or something?
>>
>>65324724
it's dated insanely quickly by basing itself off of being a political piece specifically rooted in this time period fampai
that and it even peaked a jazzy trend in hip hop instrumentals that is pretty dating to this time
>>
>>65324617
It's like comparing Kanye who surrounds himself with talented people to help him make his piece better to Taylor who performs something that is made for her that she had very little input in.
>>
>>65324769

>basing itself off of being a political piece specifically rooted in this time period

which was what exactly...?
>>
>>65324630
It way too mature for this board.
>>
>>65325090
bl*ck lives
>>
>>65326387
I don't like Kendrick Lamar and I think this album is shit, but how can the Black Lives Matter thing be dated when racism is still a thing? lmao

Do you also think shit like A Change Is Gonna Come is now outdated and unlistenable because of the message?
>>
>>65327400

this so much

Kiddies nowadays think any album with political overtones or messages are "outdated"
>>
>>65324769
>>65326387

>"black lives matter and TPAB is so irrelevant in these modern times!" - white person
Holy kek
>>
>>65327484
>politics aren't innately dating
wew lad
top shitpost though
>>
>>65327632
OK how many years does each political statement take off the life of the album in terms of relevancy? Or does it go by song or how does it work m8?
>>
>>65327445
I think it's dated quickly because his message on the album was pretty pretentious sounding and not very original, the beats were unoriginal, the rapping was subpar when compared to his past works, etc. when they say the album is already outdated he means the album is not the cause he disccuses (not very well at that) throughout the album
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.