[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After listening to the discography again, I think pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: lr.jpg (116 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
lr.jpg
116 KB, 1000x1000
After listening to the discography again, I think pic related is the best album Kanye has done.

I really like Late Registration. It has so many good moments, and the skits are pretty good.

Thoughts on LR?
>>
It's his worst
>>
I agree. I guess I can't explain it to well, but the album just has this comfy quality to me. The production is so damn smooth on We Major and Celebration and Heard Em Say. Kanye spits the best verse of his career on Gone too, and Roses is just great. Fucking love this thing.
>>
Its... hmm. His most balanced album I guess. College dropout was kinda rough at some point, Graduation / 808 are just.. good but not great.

MBDTF was fucking great, but it got some over-the-top stuffs.

Yeezus/TLOP was all about over the top stuff.

So I kinda respect your opinion. :3
>>
>>65323290
Yeah, I think comfy is the best way to explain it. Heard Em Say is wonderful.

>>65323325
Yeah fair enough. 808 I mostly liked the first half then it got bad imo. I honestly enjoyed Yeezus, Pablo also had its moments, good and bad.

College Dropout, yeah, I respect it but it's definitely 'rough'.

Late Registration has this really nice flow to it.

Thanks for the discussion.
>>
I'll just give my entire opinion on his discog, and y'all can call me a faggot if I don't read this right.
The College Dropout should seriously be where people start with Kanye. You'll see that all of his music, even the current shit, calls back to the sort of melodic songwriting that debuted here. Even though there's rapping and beats, I feel like TCD is more of a pop album than a hip-hop album. It feels much more musical than rhythmic, even though I am a fan of his percussion.
Late Registration was his Return of 4eva. It's just MORE. And while most people appreciate it for what it is, I feel like the album meanders a lot for me. Like, Crack Music to Addiction might have the record for WORST 4-song streak I've heard, even though Roses is actually pretty good. Really, I think my main problem is the whole MORE thing. I feel like The College Dropout was a collection of strong songs, while Late Registration is a bunch of half-baked ideas centered around a few knockout singles.
Graduation was hype. I know, deep in my heart, it's not that great, but it's just a fun album, shut up. It makes me happy. I be like "PEOPLE TALK SO MUCH SHIT ABOUT ME AT BARBER SHOOOOPS"
Unfortunately, I haven't listened to 808s yet. I'm getting around to it soon, don't worry.
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is prolly the best Kanye album. Like, come on. Not only does it have him at his sharpest lyrically, but the production actually ended up being MORE influential than The College Dropout somehow. The songwriting is ludicrously strong, but unfortunately, the lyrical game isn't up-to-par on a lot of songs, so I have to flat-out ignore the lyrics on songs like Monster, for example. It's arrangement, structure, and production are all S+ rank, but those are some D-tier bars. At the end of the day, it's a hop, skip, and a jump from being THE greatest hip-hop album of all time, but because of Yz's ego, it's simply "pretty damn good and insanely influential".
>>
>>65323553
Yeezus is nothing more than a cheap Death Grips ripoff, with the exception of the Black Skinhead SNL mix, which was actually dripping with originality. Stupidity as well, but plenty of originality. Fuck Rubin, seriously.
Haven't listened to Pablo yet, but from what I've sampled, all the non-singles sound even more ear-rapey than Yeezus with none of the aggression. Ugh.
Real Friends has been the only top-tier Kanye song since MBDTF dropped.
>>
>>65323584
Pablo is worse than Yeezus for sure.

Yeezus... got some great songs here and there, but Pablo? Ew.
>>
>>65323584
I doubt that Kanye has ever listened to Death Grips. They didn't invent distortion.
>>
Yeah, Yeezus is definitely better than Pablo.
>>
>>65323608
Puh-lease. Industrial hip-hop paired with schizophrenic lyrics are EXCLUSIVELY Death Grips. Until somebody does something better with it, all hip-hop in a similar fashion will be called "Death Grips ripoffs", much like all FPS games were called "Doom clones" until somebody did something that was original enough.
>>
Objectively:
LR > Y > TCD > G > 808s > MBDTF > TLOP
>>
>>65323679
>objectively
>putting trashy ripoffs second
What objective measurements did you use, exactly?
>>
>>65323635
Yeezus is hardly industrial, it's just loud. Death Grips aren't the first group to have a rapper shouting and the levels turned all the way up.

And it's def not remotely schizophrenic.
>>
>>65323679
MBDTF>CD>LR>808s>G=TLOP>Y
>>
>>65323553
>Graduation was hype. I know, deep in my heart, it's not that great, but it's just a fun album, shut up. It makes me happy.
this.
>>65323679
but its
LR>MBDTF>G>CD>808>TLOP>Y
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.