[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
We miss you, Scatman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: scatman4.jpg (31 KB, 608x792) Image search: [Google]
scatman4.jpg
31 KB, 608x792
We miss you, Scatman
>>
>>65320415
Do you think he had a fecal matter fetish
>>
for real, underrated. he was a super good guy.
>>
>>65320666
get out of here, satan
>>
lol POOPY
>>
brought an entirley new type of game to the rap game NIGGA
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt_YhSxjshY
This song reminds me of old YouTube gameplay videos of mario 64 and zelda, where the person would use windows movie maker to give mario or link text dialogue.
>>
>I hear you all ask 'bout the meaning of scat
>Well I'm the professor and all I can tell you is
>While you're still sleepin', the saints are still weepin' cause
>Things you call dead haven't had the chance to be born
>I'm the Scatman
damn...
>>
>>65322050
Fuck, that song...
>come for the funny novelty pop tune
>leave with feels
>all the feels
>>
Why did the Japanese love this guy so much?
>>
>>65322090
That line comes from his older work, he gets really emotional in the album
https://youtube.com/watch?v=UW_a2t3q9bA

If you like his first album, his wife published a memorial album covering more of his early work called "Listen to the Scatman." She still runs a Facebook page for him to this day.

>>65322153
He's still remembered to this day in Japan. You probably won't find any references in anime or manga, but he's still around in karaoke and concerts.
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 550x512
>>65322050
>I spent the majority of 2005 / 2006 watching Fleskhjerta videos
>>
>>65322050
>tfw made a WoW pvp video with this song as the background at 1.25x 10 years ago
>>
>>65322453
>She still runs a Facebook page for him to this day

links or it didn't happen
>>
> BA BA BA BARAARA PA BAPAPARA BA PAPRPAPAPAPA ABRPA RBAPR ABAPAPAPA RBAPAPAPA APA APA APA ABRPAPR APA RBAPR ABRPA RBRPA RBAOA APRA
>>
>>65322547
facebook com/scatmanjohnofficial

That's the new page.
>>
>In late 1998 Larkin was diagnosed with lung cancer, but he continued his musical work despite being told to take it easy from his substantial workload. In June 1999, Larkin released his fourth and ultimately final album as Scatman John, Take Your Time. Shortly afterwards, he was sent into intensive treatment. Even while suffering, Larkin remained positive, saying “Whatever God wants is fine by me ... I’ve had the very best life. I have tasted beauty.” Scatman John died at his home in Los Angeles on 3 December, 1999 at the age of 57. He was cremated and his ashes were scattered at sea near Malibu, California.

F
>>
>>65322605

fuck this shits personal. like actual family photos
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.