[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just read that he never wears earplugs. How the fuck is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
So I just read that he never wears earplugs.

How the fuck is he not deaf? How long can you play at insanely loud levels before you do serious damage? Does the hearing loss get progressively worse as you get older?
>>
hearing is overrated
>>
I was at an outdoor Swans concert and had tinnitus for a couple days. Its crazy that he doesn't, maybe some people just have ears that are tough as nails or he does have some kind of hearing damage and its not as bad for him anymore or something
>>
How would one make that kind of music unless one were completely deaf?
>>
I genuinely have no idea, especially considering that they played even louder back in the day. There's an old video of him pressing his face right against an amp, I have no idea how that wouldn't destroy your hearing in minutes.
>>
>>65314881
I wonder the same thing. How he's able to hear anything at all and still make music is beyond me.
>>
>>65314881
I guess he just copes with it, playing live at those volumes is probably like playing in a room with just a cab to him at this point. I bet he listens to his music through a full stack
>>
>>65314881
who is he?
>>
>>65314881
Where'd you read this, that's crazy considering how loud they play. I'm surprised by how much he can tour still, he's in his sixties now and he seems like a guy in his fourties
>>
Probably this >>65316706.

The reason they play so fucking loud is because they all probably can't hear shit anymore. It probably sounds like a normal level to them.
>>
>>65316762
"Earplugs? They should wear butt plugs"

I kind of thought he was joking until I saw them and he wasn't wearing any, and noticed it in all live videos I've seen.
>>
>>65316847
>Earplugs? They should wear butt plugs
Did he actually say that? Can I get like an interview or something?
>>
I saw Swans on The Seer tour a few years back. I was five feet from the stage left speaker, and was deaf in my right ear for two days. It was amazing.
>>
I find it absolutely fucking mental that he doesn't wear ear plugs, playing at that volume for so long logically should have completely and utterly annihilated his hearing, or at the very least give him severe tinnitus out the ass. I have an uncle who played drums in a rock band, we're not talking industrial tribal madness, just some rock'n'roll, and his hearing is fucked and he has tinnitus that almost overwhelms most sounds around him. I once went to a rock concert, again, nothing too loud or weird and I had a ringing in my ears for about 24 hours, used to listen to music extremely loudly and now have legitimate tinnitus. How this dude isn't fucked up beyond repair is kind of amazing.
>>
so that explains why he couldn't hear Larkin saying no
>>
>>65314983
>tinnitus for a couple of days
wow dude that is crazy. absolutely crazy.
>>
File: SAM-AND-CAT-DONUTS_crop.jpg (28 KB, 433x432) Image search: [Google]
SAM-AND-CAT-DONUTS_crop.jpg
28 KB, 433x432
Dear dumb shits in this thread,

Gira can't hear music, he can only feel it as vibrations at this point. That is why Swans are so loud live. That is why Swans music fucking sucks and bears no resemblance whatsoever to classic Swans.

Pitchfork betrayed you all, this band is garbage. The emperor never had any clothes on, you're all just gullible dilettantes that they needed when it came time to sell their product. Pic related.

The fact that it has gone on this long is just embarrassing.
>>
>>65319368
if to be kind and the seer are shit music then i must love me some shit music anon
>>
>>65319423
So sad.
>>
>>65319423
Pleb
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.