[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Favorite album in the National Recording Registry Mine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 818756010958_cover.1200x1200-75.jpg (282 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
818756010958_cover.1200x1200-75.jpg
282 KB, 1200x1200
ITT: Favorite album in the National Recording Registry

Mine is pic related.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Recording_Registry&ved=0ahUKEwiDpMS_iIXNAhUJej4KHVz4CX0QFggbMAA&usg=AFQjCNEV2jCCD0w5ePRtj277EswZ5ViHMw&sig2=6QPGjvOB_UmZEnpyuSM8rw
>>
Pet Sounds

Honorable mention Wild Tchoupitoulas

Best single is Radio Free Europe
>>
Since when did memes become "culturally, historically, or aesthetically important, and/or inform or reflect life in the United States."
>>
>>65307011
>Ok computer
>Trout mask replica
>Frank Zappa at all
>Fucking whale calls
I thought this was about historic pieces of sounds. Not memes.
>>
File: ok-computer.jpg (153 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
ok-computer.jpg
153 KB, 953x953
>culturally, historically, or aesthetically important, and/or inform or reflect life in the United States
Yeah, ok.
>>
>>65307105
How is TMR a meme?
>>
>>65307105
Trout mask replica is creative and stuff. But literally says nothing about culture, society, or even the music scene at the time
>>
>>65307011
I'd have to say Purple Rain is my personal favorite.

Dear god what's with all the rap? Oh and Bill Cosby 's work will never go away... We'll have a rapists legacy forever. Good work National Recording Registry! Never Mind yet no superior Siamese Dream? Dark Side of the Moon over Piper At The Gates of Dawn? Fuck that!
>>
>>65307725
Guys. This is b8. Or if not. Just somebody you should not talk to.
You almost get me there. Pretty good.
>>
>>65307800
This isn't b8. I'm dead serious...
>>
>>65307843
No you're not.
>>
>>65307011
Kind of Blue
>>
>>65307011
Probably TVU&N but I don't know how it's on the list. It sold like shit.
>>
>>65307614
>But literally says nothing about culture, society, or even the music scene at the time
It says fucking everything about 60's music in its blend of free jazz, structured composition, and rock and roll.
>>
File: 1461805445357.gif (2 MB, 245x175) Image search: [Google]
1461805445357.gif
2 MB, 245x175
>>65307875
Oh yes yes yes I am. Does my opinion make you uneasy? Nirvana sucked. Bill Cosby is a filthy human. And for rap... I think there's a tremendous amount of work, but it's inherently a negative expression in my eyes. It values skills that aren't necessary at the end of the day. I think it's done a lot of damage. I think it will be looked upon someday as a sort of embarrassment. I know that's very unpopular. I'm a huge Syd fan and I feel as if his story needs to be saved hence my preference of Piper over Dark Side.
>>
Trout Mask Replica, obviously

You'd pick anything but the greatest rock album of all-time?
>>
>>65307011
Nevermind, 3 Feet Higj & Rising, Daydream Nation

I'm hoping they put Discovery by Daft Punk in the library one day
>>
>>65308036
>Bill Cosby is a filthy human
You can say all the negative things about him. He's still important.
>>
One of my favorites by Metallica. It was selected for preservation back in March.
>>
>>65307011

Trout Mask Replica, then, in order, Daydream Nation, Master of Puppets, and A Love Supreme.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.