[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you heard this album? What do you think of it? Personally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: slowdive pygmalion.png (116 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
slowdive pygmalion.png
116 KB, 1500x1500
Have you heard this album? What do you think of it?

Personally it is one of my favorite albums of all time.
>>
It's my favorite album from the year I was born
>>
Their best album. I love it so much
>>
>>65294057
it's a great album
the outtakes for it are also really awesome especially the electric version of "Dagger"
>>
sorry I made a mistake here, the album entitled
"Pygmalion's demos and more" 1994 does not contain the electric version of "Dagger"

that version is on "I saw the sun" unreleased tracks 1996

the outs from that one are mostly from Souvlaki
and Dagger is a Souvlaki song, for some reason I thought it was the closing track of Pygmalion
>>
mine too. favorite slowdive and in my top 10 albums of all time. who knew slowdive meets talk talk would have so much success?
>>
>>65294057
It's one of the most boring albums I've ever listened to, and I'm an Eleh fan.
>>
I prefer the demos
>>
>>65294726
I couldn't imagine someone with such shit taste in drone to call themselves a fan of such a posturing creatively bankrupt poseur as Eleh being able to enjoy this album anyway desu
>>
>>65294950
Eleh isn't about creativity. If you really understood drone, then you wouldn't be trying to make that argument.
>>
>>65294629
>slowdive meets talk talk

exactly.. the part about 2 minutes into blue skied an clear where it builds up fairly noisily and then dissipates and comes in with the disembodied vocals.. then "You say life and it sounds so good.. you say love and it sounds so sweet"

That's right out of the Talk Talk playbook.
>>
>>65295068
well I love talk talk so of course Im going to love this. also I dont think its a straight ripoff, but Rutti is literally a Talk Talk song. still one of my favorite albums, its so great, but then again, Spirit of Eden is also one of my favorite albums.
>>
>>65295137
yeah completely agreed, i love this album and Talk Talk

look at crazy for you and miranda, it's far from a ripoff.
>>
>>65294057

Same, my favorite slowdive album and one of my favorite all time albums as well
>>
Glad to see /mu/ likes this album as much as I do
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.