[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw he's never heard of the swirlies
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: crack n cocain.png (288 KB, 868x288) Image search: [Google]
crack n cocain.png
288 KB, 868x288
>mfw he's never heard of the swirlies
>>
was thinking of checking them out because of ott's recommendation, are they good?
>>
>>65293104
they're alright. only their first album is worth a listen, didn't enjoy their second too much.
>>
File: ky6yHYi.png (31 KB, 639x128) Image search: [Google]
ky6yHYi.png
31 KB, 639x128
never forget
>>
>>65293082
Someone posted them hear months ago and I gave them a go and loved it. So much better than MBV.
>>
>the
>>
>>65293362
>Cure
>>
Swirlies, man.

I tell everyone, you know, that record Salons (They Spent Their Wild Youthful Days in the Glittering World of the Salons) is one of the absolute best rock records of the 1990s and nobody's heard it. It just died when it came out because the guy who owned TAANG! moved to San Diego and tried to cash in on pop-punk, completely screwed them over.

The tour Damon tried to stitch together for it was so painful, some of the best live shows you could imagine and there were like six people there. I was mortified seeing it in Albany, it was really like "Am I taking crazy pills" because everyone I played that record for loved it, and I wouldn't shut up about it and still won't.

People are telling you about the fucking Flaming Lips? About The Soft Bulletin? Get the fuck out of here, spend your time on something a hundred times more emotionally honest and musically inventive.

>Swirlies - Blonder Tongue Audio Baton (1993)
https://mega.co.nz/#!EVEhmCaZ!wLFTkDH0r_JSipWa0uVQVdLk85u0dc5JU0AQ3-CMnSo

>Swirlies - They Spent Their Wild Youthful Days in the Glittering World of the Salons (1996)
https://mega.nz/#!zVJEzLgb!ZKcS5g5b0Z4RwjHWGfjaKkYY8yBULdmew4UzrRsIN6k
>>
>he doesn't know who the swirlies are
>>
>>65293566
I don't get his obsession with Salons, Blonder Tongue is just a much better record, despite it being a mish mash between sonic youth and my bloody valentine (albeit not the best)
>>
>>65293730

jesus mate stop hating on the second album and strating a meme it isnt good, its great
>>
>>65293777
i don't want to start a meme, I just don't understand what's his huge obsession over Salon for
>>
>>65293082
saw 'em live last year. v cool band. v good live, too
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.