[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite Animal Collective album and why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_.jpg (263 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
81J7coHyJ7L._SL1417_.jpg
263 KB, 1417x1417
What is your favorite Animal Collective album and why?
>>
The one in the OP because it's more good than the really good ones
>>
Campfire Songs because I really like the synergy between the guitars and vocals , and the nature drone throughout the whole thing

Or HCTI because of the influence from traditional folk
>>
File: cover.jpg (533 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
533 KB, 1500x1500
cant decide between MPP and spirit, i love them both in completely different ways
>>
>>65288626
Sung Tongs because it's near-flawless and has the most Panda Bear influence on a non-pop album.
>>
>>65288828
I agree. My top 5 are STGSTV, MPP, SJ, Feels, and Sung Tongs
>>
>>65288626
i've only listen to this and MPP and i liked this better
>>
>>65288626
MPP and Sung Tongs
>>
I can't decide. Depending on moon, it's usually between:

STGSTV
HCTI
SJ
Feels
SJ
MPP
ODDSAC

add Person Pitch to that list, too if it counts. But yeah, can't just pick one.
>>
>>65289270
>ODDSAC
first time I've seen someone list it as a favorite/one of.
>>
File: HCTI.jpg (146 KB, 1024x898) Image search: [Google]
HCTI.jpg
146 KB, 1024x898
>>65288626
HCTI because I really like the atmosphere and guitars on it. Strawberry Jam and Spirit are tied for 2nd for me
>>
Goddammit I meant "depending on *mood" not *moon!

>>65289295
It's usually don't seen a lot because

1. It came with a movie and is a movie OST more or less so people aren't as aware of it existing

and

2. Some people don't like the ambient parts and think they are filler. I personally think they are part of the journey, and my favorite AnCo to listen to when I am in that "I want the whole piece to go within a particular direction" concept album mood.
>>
>>65289503
I agree Slippi is fucking great, I love avey's screams on it. I love the vocals on Infant Dressing Table I have a hard time describing why I like HCTI so much I just really love how it makes me feel, it has a nervous tone to it that I really like and I just love how the whole album flows
>>
>>65288626
sung tongs, because it was my first and still holds up well
>>
Strawberry Jam because every single song is amazing (except winter wonderland I don't think stands up to the rest, but it's still good), and there's so much variety. No other anco album is as diverse yet consistent as SJ
>>
>>65290115
very true!
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.