[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Psychadelic/stoner general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9
File: All them witches.jpg (247 KB, 950x960) Image search: [Google]
All them witches.jpg
247 KB, 950x960
Don't really ever see modern psychedelic music discussed on /mu/ aside from Tame Impala.

What are some recent releases in the genre that are worth listening to?

Been listening to All Them Witches - Lightning at the Door lots this year and really digging it. Other stuff like Colour Haze and more stoner rock-esque stuff like Samsara Blues Experiment too.
>>
File: Quest for fire.jpg (167 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
Quest for fire.jpg
167 KB, 500x435
>>65273197
No one?
>>
>>65273197
The live album All Them Witches put up from Belgium is outstanding. Not fond of their last studio album, but in the context of the live show (with the tracks from Lightning) it's great.
>>
>>65273496
Got a link to live one? I haven't seen it.
Is it this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPZODCWrUN8
>>
Samsara's been doing the best stoner rock I've heard in recent years.
>>
>>65273627
They're great yeah, hoping to see them live sometime soon.

Heard/listened to Earthless and The Machine? Think you'd like them if you enjoy sbe
>>
>>65273197
I liked Our Mother Electricity better
>>
>>65273708
Earthless bothers me in that its all just guitar and the rhythm section don't really get to do anything interesting.
>>
King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard
Wand
Unknown Mortal Orchestra
Walter
Thee Oh Sees
Jacco Gardner
Jack Name
Ty Segall
Pow!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlcJHO5elFs
>>
File: cover.jpg (504 KB, 975x975) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
504 KB, 975x975
>>65273708
> hoping to see them live sometime soon

not the guy you were responding to but you should, I saw them two years ago in a small venue, super chill dudes that came after show with people attending for a smoke a beer and a chat

>>65273197
Electric Moon is by far the best 2010s band I know, they're fucking impressive. new studio album should e released this year, but live settings are really where they hit it hard
>>
Beautifully entrancing psychedelic

http://youtu.be/1WG69EcyYNU
>>
>>65273736
THAT'S what bothers me about them. I had this needling feeling listening to them, the music never really stepped to an extra level. You put it perfectly.
>>
File: 3x3 2.png (1 MB, 756x756) Image search: [Google]
3x3 2.png
1 MB, 756x756
>>65274028
Love them, Eve is a great album.
>>65273919
Never heard of Electric Moon before, will go check them out.
>>
>>65274059
Great picks. Ever hear this?

http://youtu.be/WxkyLiTDXRQ
>>
Egypt - Egypt is the disc that hooked me up to stoner.

I like it because I use to listen to music while I work (programming stuff) and there are lots of people around chatting, and want to concentrate.

I use any kind of instrumental music, like classical and medieval, to '90 new age, to trance and electronica, but would never have hoped to find a more heavy sound for it.

Now going back to the origins with Kyuss and Sleep.

Samsara and Electric moon are the best I've heard so far tho.
>>
File: AMT_APF.jpg (660 KB, 492x800) Image search: [Google]
AMT_APF.jpg
660 KB, 492x800
Reminder that Acid Mother Temple is the greatest psych band of all time
>>
File: SS2.jpg.jpg (66 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
SS2.jpg.jpg
66 KB, 400x400
What does moo think of Causa Sui?
>>
Elder is cool
>>
>>65274141
not the band I follow the most, but their new album was quite good. El Paraiso is a good record label anyway, I don't think I ever listened to something from it and thought "damn, this is shit"
>>
>>65274098
Never heard before, listened through now. That's pretty cool.
>>
>>65274116
Yeah Egypt-s/t is one of my favorite albums. Endless Flight is also great you should check that out.
I'm not really big on Kyuss but I only listened Welcome to Sky Valley. What other good albums do they have?
>>
File: ween.jpg (698 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ween.jpg
698 KB, 1000x1000
tripped to this alone and it was really cool. very sleazy & sinister.
>>
>>65273582
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_yhS3bBvmE
>>
File: 1831.gif (33 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1831.gif
33 KB, 720x720
>>65274181
Endles flight is great. The opening of the cd hooks me up real bad
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.