[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RYM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 5870752.jpg (73 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
5870752.jpg
73 KB, 600x600
Lowest avg rating among your 5 star albums
>pic related
High avg rating among the albums in your lowest used star
>Common Courtesy - A Day To Remember
>>
This isn't funny anymore.
>>
File: george_costanza029.jpg (18 KB, 300x241) Image search: [Google]
george_costanza029.jpg
18 KB, 300x241
>>65270103
Art Angels is god-tier. Admit it, anon.
>>
>>65270065
Lowest avg rating among my 5 star albums:
>Animal Collective - Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished

Highest avg rating among the albums in my lowest used star:
>Between the Buried and Me - Coma Ecliptic
>>
>>65270065
>lowest used star
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
FUCKING USE THE FULL SCALE
STOP FUCKING UP THE AVERAGES WITH YOUR SHITTY RATINGS SYSTEMS
>>
>>65270065
Presumably this is via RYM

Lowest average among 5 star albums
>Kishi Bashi - Lighght
3.42 community rating

Highest average rated album that is low for you
(I don't really listen to albums if I don't start liking them right away so this may be difficult to find very low rated)
>A personal 3/5 for The Eagles - Hell Freezes Over, with an average rating of 3.35/5
>>
>>65270407
>0.5 for Coma Ecliptic
You seriously consider BTBAM to be on par with BOTDF?
>>
File: 100.png (584 KB, 507x730) Image search: [Google]
100.png
584 KB, 507x730
>AnCo - STG;STV
>Tyler - Goblin

>Art Angels is 5 stars
Hey tumblr.
>>
>>65270452
Some people just don't enjoy going out of their way to listen to music that they know they'll despise.
>>
>>65270568
i gave it a 1.5 not a 0.5 (i really don't ever finish any album i like less than a 1.5 and i don't really rate singles cuz i don't care about my bell curve)

but nah I was actually a BTBAM fan, colors is one of my fav metal albums. coma ecliptic is them falling into the same cornball pretentious circus-prog territory as 90% of other prog-metal bands and i found it really disappointing and even laughable at some points
>>
>>65270596
I like this meme that you only rate music poorly if you somehow already know you'll hate it. I like giving albums a fair shake. I've listened to a lot of albums that I initially didn't like and then grew to love. So I actually do listen to an album I don't like at least once, just to give it a shot because maybe I will end up liking it. If I continue to dislike it, I give it a poor rating. No big deal.
>>
>>65270595
>all his 5 star albums are bolded
Hey, drone.
>>
>>65270622
i can't say i've ever grown to like an album that i legitimately thought was a 1/10 on first listen. 4s and 5s maybe, but not 1s
>>
>>65270622
You just choose if it's good senpai
>>
>>65270622
I'm talking about nobody's gonna go to listen to fucking BrokenCYDE expecting it to blow their minds.
>>
>>65270638
Fair enough. If it's bad enough to be a 1, whatever that means, I do stop listening maybe 4 tracks. That's real rare though.

>>65270658
Also fair.
>>
>lowest among 5s
Moëvöt - Abgzvoryathre 2.91
>highest among .5s
low end theory
>>
>>65270596
Look, if you're not using say the bottom 3 ratings, then you're just wasting precision.

Suppose the worst you have is a 2.0, and most stuff is either a 4.5, 4.0, 3.5

Wouldn't it be better to drop all of the 2.0's to 0.5; then all the 2.5's to 1.0, and now, you can spread out your 4.5's, 4.0's, 3.5's and 3.0's into the newly opened 2.5, 2.0, and 1.5. This gives you a lot more ability to distinguish between good and great albums!

There's no reason to have a distinction between "utter trash" and "terrible" and "bad". Just condense those down, and use your newfound space to let the good albums breathe!
>>
>>65270596
>that they know they will despise
there is no way to know how you will like an album until you listen to it. I'm
>>65270706
I was getting into hip hop when I listened to low end theory and expected to love the fuck out of it, and I hated it with a passion. Form your own opinion.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.