[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why is it that /v/ - FUCKING /V/ - can recognize that the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
File: jfkldas;jgklahklsdajv.jpg (42 KB, 400x458) Image search: [Google]
jfkldas;jgklahklsdajv.jpg
42 KB, 400x458
So why is it that /v/ - FUCKING /V/ - can recognize that the popular shit is shitty and derivative, but /mu/ can't with an actual fucking artform? Seriously, you fuckers baffle me.
>>
/v/ is currently losing its shit for overwatch, come again?
>>
example?
>>
>>65267191
/v/ hates Bethesda, Bioshock, TLOU, etc.

while /mu/ loves Radiohead, Kanye, and Kendrick
>>
>>65267213
whats kendrick derivative of?
>>
>>65267270
Kendrick's just bad music.
He focuses so much on narrative and never gives the actual music a chance to shine. It's just about his lyrics and how the story progresses.
>>
>>65267294
whats your aoty 2015
>>
>>65267307
Universal Themes
>>
>>65267213
Bioshock (original) and TLOU are good, you fucking pleb.
>>
>>65267307
Marsen Jules - The Empire of Silence
>>
>>65267326
>linear rollercoasters with shitty -> mediocre gameplay are good
>>
>>65267137
hey, we're basically a youtube comment section now
don't try to act like you're any better
>>
yeah but they also like obsidian and nintendo
>>
>>65267320
speaking of so much focus on narrative and story
>>
>>65267358
Ocarina is legitimately GOAT
and arguably WW/Sunshine
>>65267361
Nope, UT marked a focus by Mark Kozelek to incorporate the music into the storytelling unlike Benji's rather stale accompaniments.
>>
and everyone fucking ran away god fucking dammit I hate you kids
>>
>>65267386
>Nope, UT marked a focus by Mark Kozelek
Did you hear his new album that came out on Friday?
>>
>>65267137
t swift is bae tho
>>
>>65267939
Yeah "Plays the Favorites?" I like it. Not AOTY by any stretch but good release. Nice piano playing.
>>
>le contrarian maymay
>>
>>65267841
well you didnt answer my question and seemingly backpedaled.
>Kendrick is derivative
of what?
>its just bad music
>>
>>65267980
It's not contrarian, it's just common sense.
>>
Neither board is one person. And both boards have reactionaries that hate anything popular even if it's good and then people that react to that hating by liking said thing.

But even after what you seem to think a lot of people on /v/ still like the Witcher despite 3 being everything wrong with open world RPGs. I'm sure there are plenty of other examples too but I haven't been to /v/ in quite a while because there's fuck all for good games coming out these days.

>>65267326
Wrong.
>>
>>65268004
I don't particular think he's derivative in the same way that Radiohead is. The problem I have with Kendrick isn't being derivative, it's being mediocre/bad.
>>
>>65267294
Rap is all about lyrics retard, and Kendrick has great lyrics. If you don't like Kendrick, you don't know shit about hip hop.
>>
>>65268047
Music is about music.
I don't give a shit what you think Rap is about: if the music is shit, the music is shit. End of discussion.
cLOUDDEAD is good musically. Madvillain is good musically. Milo is good musically.

Kendrick is not.
>>
>>65268019
>The problem I have with Kendrick isn't being derivative, it's being mediocre/bad.
Do you have a hhoty 2015
>>
>>65268090
Technically TPTB but only NOTM which is really 2014
>>
>>65268090
>>65268102
Is Footwork good enough for you? Because RP Boo - Fingers was good too
>>
>>65268072
>Madvillain is good
>Kendrick is bad

Mad villainy is half fucking filler with skits and half-assed singing, not to mention the half the beats blend together.

I'm sorry your underage mind can't comprehend jazz rap.
>>
>>65268171
I'm sorry that your only critique is buzzwords and Fantano-level critique of the music.
When you grow up let me know.
>>
>>65268130
starting now

kinda sucks so far

I would definitely put Wesley's Theory against 1-2D. I mean this is like literally 3 notes.
>>
>>65268204
>he doesn't know RP Boo
OK, so you're a newfag.
Gotcha, have a good night.
>>
>>65268223
>Gotcha, have a good night.
sounds good to me. If you think this first song is better than tpab's first song then I think we have very little chance of reaching a consensus. Enjoy
>>
>>65268171
>can't comprehend jazz rap
Not that guys but Jesus fucking Christ you people are pretentious. Jazz rap is not high fucking art you dipshit. Learn about real art music and come back trying to be a snob.
>>
>>65268191
>I'm sorry that your only critique is buzzwords and Fantano-level critique of the music.
>Kendrick is just bad music

Just kill yourself.
>>
>>65268322
No one is saying that it's high art, the other anon is just too stupid to appreciate his music.
>>
since when is derivative a bad thing?

this board is derivative of 2ch

rock and roll is derivative of blues and country, and all subgenres of rock like punk or metal are just derivative of rock

paradise lost is derivative of the bible

eames is derivative of saarinen

cav empt is derivative of 90s nautica and hilfiger
>>
>>65268361
You literally can't be too stupid for it. It's possible to be stupid enough to like it, though, which it sounds like you both are.
>>
anyone who thinks some is automatically shitty and derivative just because it's popular is a fucking idiot. i.e. all of /v/

you and anyone else who thinks like that should go back there and stop shitting up this board.
>>
>>65268385
And then there's faggots like you who pretend like they know shit. Fuck this website has gone to shit.
>>
/mu/ actually does recognize popular shit is bad, which is why you don't see shit like Whip/nae-nae posted here and discussed. The problem is that there are multiple layers of obscurity in music and /mu/ only goes to level 2 or 3, whereas there's only like 2 or 3 levels of obscure in games, and no one gives a shit about anything beyond that. Similar thing with anime and /a/, they look more patrician because they don't have as much material to be ignorant to.
>>
new meghan trainor is fucking awesome btw
>>
>>65268488
I unironically enjoy "No"

come at me
>>
>>65268418
strawman the post
>>
>>65268527
as the lead single I turned my nose up to it big time at first but the album as a whole made me do a big turn around. I dont think it'll climb too high up my list but its still really solid.
>>
>>65268440
obscurity doesn't equal quality.
>>
>>65268633
true but if its good then it is obscure

at least thats what a lot of people seem to think
>>
>>65268671
that's because /mu/ is obsessed with image and believes that listening to a bunch of shit no one has heard them makes them look intelligent and dedicated to their hobby. that's not to say that there's nothing valuable in obscure music, just that most people who look through that shit have less interest in music and more interest in getting upboats and praise from anonymous strangers.
>>
video game companies are dickwads that fuck the customers over..popular songs just exist, some are good and some are bad.
>>
>>65268715
>that's because /mu/ is obsessed with image
I have to admit I'm kinda obsessed with being a poptimist.
>>
>>65268671
>>65268715
Idiots no need to put up strawmen everywhere
>>
video game companies are dickwads that fuck the customers over..popular songs just exist, some are good and some are bad.
>>
>>65268005
Do you know what common sense means?
>>
>>65267294
you really think the 'actual music' on tpab isn't impressive? what did you think of the last d'angelo record?
>>
kendrick is for cucks
>>
>>65267213
/v/ only hates Bethesda because how much they tried to jewed players with FO4.
/v/ is barely contrarian
>>
File: bait.png (17 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
17 KB, 625x626
>>65267137
>implying games aren't an artform
>>
>>65272038
back to /v/ and come back when you grow up
>>
>>65268171
>Kendrick
>Jazz rap
choose one
>>
I feel like this is exactly what the world needs:
Dream Theater is getting a digital board game based off of their latest album The Astonishing.
It's in development right now and will be available soon for iOS and Android
as a free download with additional content available as in-app purchases.
Help the princess find her music player and save the kingdom from tyranny!
>>
>>65267294
>He focuses so much on narrative
literally every revered lyricist in hip-hop does this. if you want something else listen to trap music.
>>
>>65268018
This
>>
File: 1463290385292.jpg (45 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1463290385292.jpg
45 KB, 600x600
i don't think anyone from /v/ has room to talk, literally every thread is OVERWASH which is blatantly derivative.

oh and we still remember when all you listened to were video game soundtracks and The Protomen, kek.
>>
File: image.jpg (297 KB, 1536x1489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
297 KB, 1536x1489
>>65272119
>>
>>65272101
I prefer /vg/ but k
>>
/v/ is full of beta virigins
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.