[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't understand the appeal of this album. Someone help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 225x225
I don't understand the appeal of this album. Someone help me understand.
>>
Nick was an excellent guitar player
The melodies and his voice are very soothing
>>
>>65266893
Try not being a normal faggot
>>
>>65266893
Get a sex change and become a man
>>
It was basically Nick's suicide note. but he takes the opportunity to make it the most beautiful suicide note out there.
>>
>>65266893
Just a feelsy folk album, not much to really get per se

Doesn't mean it's bad, but what you hear is what you get
>>
File: 83642682_781c317dd2.jpg (76 KB, 470x264) Image search: [Google]
83642682_781c317dd2.jpg
76 KB, 470x264
>>65266893
The appeal is great folky guitar playing, Nick Drake's angel-esque vocals. and an overall tragic backstory. and a short enough album that doesn't overstate its welcome.
>>
>>65266893
He died so death hype
>>
i dont know how to describe it other than saying that its no bullshit, straight to the point vunerable beauty. i feel bad for people like you honestly
>>
File: 327842937985326534.png (377 KB, 800x527) Image search: [Google]
327842937985326534.png
377 KB, 800x527
>Take a look, you may see me on the ground
>For I am the parasite of this town
>>
listen to the words

listen to the melodies

understand what internalized pain and mental illness is

that's really it
>>
>>65266928
>5 leaves left
>he died five years later
>pink moon is on its way
>he dies before he ever makes another album
damn…

it isn't his suicide note, though, as it was recorded a couple of years before he died, and he was planning another album at the time that he died.
>>
>>65267496
Yeah, there is a theory that Nick felt like he was at a creative high when he was happy from taking his depression medications. So, he took an larder than usual dose to recapture this feeling and get him out of the depressive state he was in at that time. I think Gabriel prefers to think of it as a suicide though, because a calculated death was better than a desperate lunge for life.
>>
>>65267447
IMO this perception that the album is this representation of "internalized pain and mental illness" is so silly. He was very happy when he made the album, don't overthink it.
>>
>>65267623
Nick Drake was never that happy of a person. suffered from anxiety and depression for most of his life.
>>
>>65267764
Shut up. You didn't know him. No one cared about him until after he died
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.