[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've wanted to get into classical music for a while now.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: 11429742783882.jpg (98 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
11429742783882.jpg
98 KB, 640x640
I've wanted to get into classical music for a while now. It's just that with all the different periods, composers, pieces, and recordings, it's intimidating finding a good place to start.
Seriously though I can't seem to find them anywhere to download pls help.
>>
Listen to Schubert's 4th Symphony. It's on youtube
>>
You start with Bach.
>>
>>65258672
Look for a collection called The Top 100 Masterpieces of Classical Music. If you search 'classical' on TPB, it should be on the first page. It's a great introduction to each time period without just being a collection of pieces you've heard a million times already in movies and commercials.
>>
souls games have amazing classical music's in my opinion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0LdIZ8TWYo
>>
This girl has her life set for her. She could pretty much fuck and marry anyone she wants.
>>
OP look up CLT's chart
>>65260409
kill yourself
>>
>>65258672
What's the girls' name?

Also, Bach, Vivaldi, Rachmaninov, Mozart etc. Just look up on youtube and save what you like.
>>
>>65260468
why?games cant have good soundtracks just for the sake of being games?so with your logic there's no good music in movies either you faglord.

or i'm listening to modern classical instead of that old fag bach bullshit makes you go autist?
>>
>>65260518
There are no good soundtracks, correct.
>>
>>65258672
Start with Gregorian chant, it's the only way and it's very beautiful and essential music. Then work your way through the Renaissance and Monteverdi before moving onto the Baroque essentials, then the Classical period, etc. The 100-disc History of Classical Music box set by Deutsche Grammophon might be a helpful guide, but definitely explore composers and pieces outside of it because it isn't very in-depth.

>>65259714
Fuck off
>>
>>65260600
so the sound of silence from simon and garfunkel is shit because it been in many movies.
oh and bach is shit too because it been featued in many movies+games too.

what about you listen to the music i linked from beginning to end with an open-mind you faggot

oh and mozart was a shit-fetishist(literally) and fucked his sister.
>>
>>65259822
>The Top 100 Masterpieces of Classical Music
>starts at 1685
this has to be b8
>>
>>65260659
Who are your favorite artists?
>>
>>65260692
joji
nujabes
austra
crystal castles
rone
carl orff - carmina burana
xiu xiu
grimes
m83
nuages

i listen to all kinds of music.
>>
>>65260751
I listen to alot of the same stuff. You're probably going to like Mahler. Listen to the finales of symphony 2 and 8 to get a taste of what he's like. His music is like a movie but without pictures. The music is seriously like watching a movie, if you try to imagine scenes that would fit the emotion of the music as it goes on, it's like a movie that goes from scene to scene.
>>
>>65260896
i like resurrection from symphony 2
>>
>>65260751
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Go back to /v/ kid.
>>
>>65260436
Oh how I have missed this mindset. Get out friend. Get out of here.
>>
>>65261007
you act like a 12 year old.

i just selected some music for you that you can no longer listen to.i can pick some more too if you want to

https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/articles/arts-culture/2015/06/19/61070/10-classical-music-pieces-in-video-games/
>>
>>65261007
come on answer me(>>65261163) you faggot.
>>
>>65258672
who is tis simone diamond
>>
>>65260751
Go back to /mu/ you fucking faggot hahahahahahah!!
>>
>>65261163
Sorry I don't care about videogames beyond vapid entertainment.
>>
>>65258672
SERIOUSLY WHO IS THIS FUCKING GIRL???
>>
File: 1462739336754.jpg (17 KB, 276x288) Image search: [Google]
1462739336754.jpg
17 KB, 276x288
>>65261971
Use reverse image search you pedo
>>
>>65259714
This. The Goldberg Variations. Then some Beethoven and Chaikovski. Fuck Mozart.
>>
>>65260610
this is wrong
chant is autistic
renaissance is boring
baroque maybe if you wanna feel fancy or something
classical is a decent place to start
but start with the romantic period cause there's lots of "pretty" sounding music that is super easy to get into

always remember minimalism is for faggots
>>
>>65260751
>joji
fuck off
>>
>>65262185
>renaissance is boring
I beg to differ, familia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd3ZSx5ZGUs
>>
>>65262125
>Fuck the most genius composer of that era
>>
>>65262234
you caught me, i'm bias cause i really don't like anything about that time period

im still saying romantic is the best introduction
>>
>>65262338
yes I see what you mean I just like to be contrarian. I agree, romantic is the best introduction
>>
This is a good resource for beginners: http://www.classical.net/music/rep/

Learn to do your own research, look up similar composers/pieces if you like something using wikipedia and the like. As for performances, it's very much about discovering what you like in that regard too - finding reviewers who share your tastes can be a huge resource in the beginning.
>>
>>65262185
t. someone who has never heard anything composed before Beethoven
>>
>>65262532
Ok, now cure my depression please.
>>
>>65258672
start with maurice ravel
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.