[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tiny Moving Parts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
This Couch... was really good. Pleasant living was really good. I was disappointment with Celebrate. It's boring as hell and after three listens I can't even think of one standout track.
>>
Unfortunately, I agree
>>
Yeah i found it pretty boring aswell, but it's somehow got a 3.70 on rateyourmisc last time i checked
>>
>>65257917
it's 3.74 now

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/tiny_moving_parts/celebrate/
>>
>>65257968
Not sure why so many reviews say it's Passionate...it's so bland and by the numbers. I love TMP, but this is just eh.

This reviewer doesn't seem to like TMP or the genre, but he hits some good points. The lyrics on Celebrate are silly.

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/tiny_moving_parts-celebrate
>>
>>65257115
It's my favourite TMP album.
>>
>>65258608
Explain how this is better than This Couch is Long and Full of Friendship? Couch had so many standout tracks.
>>
>>65257115
>I can't even think of one standout track.

That's because they're all of good quality, as opposed to having only 1/3 of their album being memorable and the rest being forgettable as fuck.

This one was much more consistent in my opinion. Many more jams on here.
>>
>>65258717
Too much filler.
>>
>>65258717
Because, imo, both This Couch and Pleasant Living had too much of that jerky and start/stop dynamic which distracted from the rest of the music. This one has more straightforward post-hardcore energy with still a decent amount of jerkiness. It's like if Annabel screamed more or Brave Bird with more energy or an overall better version of Tommy Boys.
>>
(this guy >>65258811)

Also these:
>>65258755
>>65258785

It's way more consistent.
>>
>>65258834
Nah, I'd rather have Dakota, Boxcar, Always Focused, etc. Songs that are great on album and amazing live. Celebrate doesn't seem to have any that are going to be fun live.
>>
>>65258988
Happy Birthday? Birdhouse? Minnesota?

I mean, this album above all is filled with sing along choruses, it's almost pop punk at parts.

Listen to it again without hate coursing through your veins, anon.
>>
I thought it was pretty cool

there aren't any standout tracks, but it's all quality music. but PL is better. i've never heard This Couch... tho
>>
>>65259357
I feel the same way anon

anyone seeing them in NYC this week?
>>
>>65257115
Saw them in concert last week and now the album is a lot better. This has happened to me with a few bands
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.