[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Bands with consistently good album closers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
ITT: Bands with consistently good album closers
>>
File: eureka_jimorourke.jpg (183 KB, 936x936) Image search: [Google]
eureka_jimorourke.jpg
183 KB, 936x936
Jim O'Rourke is the best at this
>>
Flying Lotus nigger
>>
File: drth.jpg (53 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
drth.jpg
53 KB, 1600x1200
>>
seriously, did thom get hairplugs or something?
>>
>>65253554
Since when did Paul Corgan perform for Radiohead?
>>
>>65253682
I mean if you disregard his last 3 albums
>>
Led Zeppelin faggots

Suck that Robert Plant dick mayne aw yeah
>>
>>65253554
Are you high? All their closers since The Tourist have been the worst songs on their respective albums.
>>
File: 1464537135192.jpg (69 KB, 600x703) Image search: [Google]
1464537135192.jpg
69 KB, 600x703
>>65253715
YOUR LOVE IS FADING is good though, the way that beat just ends suddenly
>>
>>65253682
you should do us all a favour and slit your wrists on that edge, boy
>>
Interpol
>>
>>65253806
>Life in a Glasshouse
>A Wolf at the Door
>Videotape
>Separator
>True Love Waits

you wot bro
>>
>>65253554
I've found that the set of bands with consistently good album closers mostly coincides with the set of bands with consistently good albums.
>>
>>65253806
Life in a Glasshouse and Wolf at The Door tho
>>
>>65253806
they probably are just meaning like "in the context of the album"
>>65253554
...which is something I'd agree with for Radiohead except for A Moon Shaped Pool, True Love Waits just seems so forced and/or out of place, I need more time to better judge it but as of now it seems too incompatible with the rest of the album.
Also I've barely listened to TKOL so I don't have much of an opinion on that one's closer.
>>
>>65253682
>AMERICA WAS A BASTARD, THE ILLEGITIMATE DAUGHTER OF THE MOTHER COUNTRY, WHOSE LEGS WERE SPREAD AROUND THE WORLD, AND A RAPIST KNOWN AS FREEDOM-- FREEDOOM. DEMOCRACY, LIBERTY AND JUSTICE WERE REVOLUTIONARY CODENAMES THAT PRECEDED THE BUBBLING BUBBLING BUBBLING IN THE MOTHER COUNTRY'S CROTCH. WHAT DOES WEBSTER SAY ABOUT SOUL? ALL I WANT IS A GOOD HOME AND A WIFE, AND CHILDREN AND SOME FOOD TO FEED THEM EVERY NIGHT. AFTER ALL IS SAID AND DONE, BUILD A NEW ROUTE TO CHINA IF THEY'LL HAVE YOU. WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA? WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA? WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA? WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA? WHO WILL SURVIVE IN AMERICA?

what did he mean by this?
>>
File: folder.jpg (30 KB, 200x199) Image search: [Google]
folder.jpg
30 KB, 200x199
>>
>>65253920
>tfw you will never make a crotch bubble
>>
>>65253920
That's Gil Scott Heron.
>>
>>65253880
>Also I've barely listened to TKOL so I don't have much of an opinion on that one's closer.
Separator is one of my fav RH songs. Forget about the rest of the album, just listen to that one on loop.
>>
>>65253583
Galaxy in Janaki was one of the weaker songs on the album desu

if it ended with Intro//A Cosmic Drama then it would've been better
>>
>no animal collective

shake my head
>>
>>65256117
theyre shit
>>
Genesis
>The Knife
>The Fountain of Salmacis
>Supper's Ready
>The Cinema Show/Aisle of Plenty
>It
>Los Endos
>Follow You, Follow Me
>>
>>65256107
>if it ended with Intro//A Cosmic Drama then it would've been better
>if it ended with Intro//A Cosmic Drama
>if it ended with Intro

ARE YOU RETARDED
>>
linkin park unironically
>>
>>65253554
>implying A Wolf At the Door isn't the worst Radiohead song
>>
>>65256222
im pretty sure the name would've changed, also Intro is 4th track on the LP i doubt that it matters.
>>
>>65256117
Yeah, they're closers are always great

>>65256132
No they aren't
>>
>>65253845
Videotape, True Love Waits and Motion Picture Soundtrack do suck major ass.
>>
>>65253554
Colin and Jonny must have the weirdest looking parents for them to look so different yet equally odd
>>
David Bowie
>>
>>65256299
>motion picture sound track sucks ass

lol good 1 dude
>>
>>65253813
Wolves is the closer
>>
>>65253715
yeah man Lost in the World/Who Will Survive sucked hey
>>
>>65256924
Why the fuck did you structure your sentence like that? You're wrong and an idiot.
>>
Manic Street Preachers had a great run
>PCP
>All Surface No Feeling
>SYMM
>Freedom of Speech Won't Feed My Children
>Cardiff Afterlife
>>
>>65253806
only closer i think is a weaker point on the album is Videotape

Glasshouse, Wolf, Separator, True Love Waits are all standouts to me, and Motion Picture Soundtrack is a gorgeous outro
>>
>>65253590

Nah, he just learned to hide it with his fringe.
>>
>>65256299
That's just bullshit
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.