[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MPP vs The rest of AnCo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: 91r3f7RUobL._SL1500_.jpg (533 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
91r3f7RUobL._SL1500_.jpg
533 KB, 1500x1500
So, i've been recently trying to get into AnCo. I started with Feels, then moved to Spirit They've Gone, and then MPP.

I thought Feels and Spirit They've Gone were both pretty good albums. I really appreciated the uniqueness but I would be lying if I said I was getting tonnes of enjoyment out of them.

I made a thread a while back about if there was any point continuing to go through their discog, and I felt like the majority of people said "It's likely that if you don't like those two, you won't like any AnCo."

But I decided to give MPP a listen anyway, and I loved it. I enjoyed it so much. So now i'm skeptical of what I was told.

So my question is: What is/are the album(s) closest to the sound or feel of MPP? What AnCo should I listen to next?
>>
true
>>
File: Strawberry_jam.jpg (83 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Strawberry_jam.jpg
83 KB, 500x500
>>65251217
Strawberry Jam
>>
>>65251217
painting with is probably the closest to mpp but you probably wont like it as much as mpp.
>>
>>65251242
>>65251246

Thanks. Can someone more familiar with AnCo perhaps pinpoint what it is about MPP i'm enjoying so much more? and what i'm probably looking for in their discog?

I can't quite put my finger on what makes me so much more fond of this one.
>>
there aren't that many similar albums, i guess ceres & calypso in the deep time by candy claws is sorta similar. it's a great album too.
as for anco, you should probably listen to strawberry jam next
>>
>>65251217
the fall be kind EP is probably the closest
>>
File: feels.png (1 MB, 1000x978) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
1 MB, 1000x978
>>65251297
STGSTV is at least equal with MPP but it's a lot harder to get into and less enjoyable at first, since their earlier style is a lot different than their later style. Feels and Sung Tongs are them getting used to their later style while SJ and MPP are the pinnacle of it.
>>
>>65251446
Tbh when I listened to STGSTV I could hear a lot of stuff I really liked and I could tell it would be an album that could grow on me in time.

I've been itching to re-visit it. MPP has convinced me to do that.
>>
File: Animal_Collective_Fall_Be_Kind.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Animal_Collective_Fall_Be_Kind.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>>65251330

It's their greatest, most underrated work. It's a happy, natural progression after MPP that contains only good parts.
>>
Listen to their Water Curses EP OP. I think you'll enjoy it a lot.
>>
>>65251551
Its nowhere near their greatest nor most underrated. That would probably be campfire songs or Hollinndagain.
>>
>>65253385
campfire is their most underrated for sure
>>
>>65251217
No one has mentioned person pitch yet. Person pitch paved the way for MPP. Heavily sample based, thick dense textures, gets pretty psychedelic at times. Ive seen people recently saying that MPP wasnt mostly panda, but thats just in songwriting. I feel like the overall sound of MPP was panda.

Also people say stgstv Is their least like mpp. Once i warmed up to it and began to enjoy it. I noticed a few similarities throughout... I mean if you do explore their whole discog you will began to notice recurring elements throughout.
>>
FACT: only losers with zero knowledge/taste in music, and those who do not actually play any instruments dislike CHz and PW
>>
>>65253784
chz is their best live album
>>
>>65253868
I saw them on the PW tour a couple months back and that was good too
>>
>>65251217
You can enjoy AnCo in any way or order you want. I started with MPP, disliked it, but loved the rest of their discography as I moved backwards through it. Now I like MPP. People have already recommended you their similar albums, so I'll say check out Ceres and Calypso - In The Deep Time. You might enjoy that too.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.