[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How important is it to you that the music you listen to is mixed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Paramatic EQ.jpg (44 KB, 549x408) Image search: [Google]
Paramatic EQ.jpg
44 KB, 549x408
How important is it to you that the music you listen to is mixed well?

Can badly mixed music ruin the experience for you?
>>
I refer to that as mastering

mixing = editing

e.g.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scamtjc_H1g
>>
thats fucking disgusting op
get that shit out of here
>>
>>65245191
Why? It's a kick. It shouldn't have any mids
>>
>>65245165

You are a fucking idiot. Mastering means finalizing the release. Compressing, EQ ,MS techniques and more on a master buss.

Mixing does not equal editing. Editing refers to trimming regions, choosing takes, use of fades, quantisation etc. While mixing refers to processing the audio via eq, dynamic fx, modulation fx, reverberation and etc.

>>65245689

>not hi cutting the extremely high frequencies for kick

u dun guffed m8

>It shouldn't have any mids

top kek
>>
I enjoy black metal

no
>>
>>65245755
then explain remasters and remixes

remasters deal with exactly what this thread is about

remixes deal with what the song I posted is about

think about it
>>
>>65245689
>Why? It's a kick. It shouldn't have any mids

Please stop making music
>>
>>65245794
>remaster

you master the song again, what's there to explain?
>>
>>65245795
>>65245755
You faggots know what I mean. A kick is traditionally low in frequency
>>
>>65245853
Every single remaster I have ever heard adjusts levels exactly how this thread is addressed e.g. bass levels, etc.
>>
>>65245853
wtf and its actually even in the pic

>Master Gain
>>
>>65245903

master gain for the eq, you dimwit
>>
>>65245965
no shit thats my point

that is a pic of mastering not mixing
>>
>>65245980

that is a pic of mixing. he put a eq on a track, probably kick (and he fucked it with the equing). Master gain just means, gaining of the audio signal in that particular plugin not the master fader.
>>
>>65245127
I prefer music that is mixed badly
>>
>>65245991
>he fucked it with the equing
What are you talking about? It is well known that the most important frequencies for the kick are low ones below 100 Hz and high ones around 4 kHz, so...
>+10 dB on low and highs
>-20dB on mids
>+10 dB
>-20dB
ok forget what i said
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.