[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is this so fucking bad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 300x300
why is this so fucking bad
>>
I don't know, you tell us.
>>
>>65242480
I'd actually really like to hear your reasoning for thinking this. RAM is probably the best Daft Punk album period. Yes, even better than Homework and Discovery, in my honest opinion.
>>
>>65242480
Motherboard alone is one of the best tracks ever made fuck you.

Only weak tracks on RAM are:
>Game of Love
>Within
>Instant Crush
>Fragments of Time
>>
>>65242658
>best Daft Punk album
that doesn't contradict what the OP said about it being fucking bad, though
>>
File: image.jpg (6 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 KB, 125x125
>>65242658
>RAM is probably the best Daft Punk album period. Yes, even better than Homework and Discovery
Not the anon but I'm having a hard time comprehending how someone could think this
>>
GIORGIO BY MORODER IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE TRACKS BRUH
>>
>>65242707
Oh yeah was pretty bad
>>
>>65242676
hes just trying to be edgy
>>
>>65242772
i don't think you understand the post you responded to
>>
>>65242676
That's his own personal opinion. Nothing I say can change this.
>>65242707
Well, older Daft Punk albums are honestly a little repetitious to me. That doesn't make them bad, but it does take away from the music just a little.
>>
>>65242480
I was wondering the same thing about your post
>>
File: daft hug.gif (2 MB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
daft hug.gif
2 MB, 245x200
There's not a single bad Daft Punk album.
Human After All is their worst, and it's only "okay".
>>
>>65242834
When will these lazy frenchies make a new album? They only have TRON and RAM as new mixing material for Alive 2017 what the fuck.
>>
>>65242480
it's literally basic bitch: the album. daft punk weren't even that great in the first place but at least their other albums were kind of original and good. this is just a cop out pop piece of shit. they just got a bunch of other people to write songs for them and think they are 'saving music'. if the production/mastering wasn't so clean and shiny more people would realise how awful it is. the songs have no depth and it all feels very half assed. it's fucking shite. the songs themselves are all boring as hell, predictable and completely unoriginal. it's probably the most disappointing album of all time.

>>65242658
not even memeing. you are retarded. you are honestly so fucking retarded if you think this.
>>
>>65242834
>this is what mongs whose only exposure to house music is Daft Punk really think
>>
I know it's a commn opinion on /mu/ to hate this album but I've always wondered why, I mean besides the fact that it may sound cheesy sometimes I find it quite enjoyable and not even bad, it has some gems like touch, within and doin it right, but I'd like to know, why do you hate it so much?
>>
>>65242888
Do the world a favor and chug some bleach. Hang yourself. Do anything to save oxygen and keep the world from having to experience your immense autism. Please.
>>
>>65242891
it's the most reddit album of all time. the lead single was a huge fucking meme, and a bunch of stupid cunts went and listened to their back catalog and were suddenly huge fans of the band, awaiting a new release. then the album comes out and a bunch of people whose only electronic exposure was SILY suddenly are well-versed in the history of house and disco music and are huge fans of Giorgio Moroder but for some reason have never touched a single other disco single or album in the, what, four or five years since this came out? it's one of those ultimate dilettante album where some indie rock punk gets to pretend they have eclectic tastes while never getting out of their comfort zone.

none of this would matter if its fanbase wasn't so vocal about how it single-handedly resurrected a genre they never gave a fuck about and how it's one of the greatest house releases in history, even though they don't listen to house.

protip: this is why older /mu/tants also hate Avalanches, Radiohead, Swans, Death Grips, etc. - they're all just notches in the bedposts of indie kids who don't know any music history
>>
>>65242927
t. assblasted pitchfork pleb
>>
>>65242871
I feel like Human After All was sort of pooped out entirely as mixing material for the Alive tour, seeing as they recorded the whole thing in just two weeks, apparantely.
They might release another quick job solely for their next tour, assuming they actually do another one.

>>65242891
If I had to guess, it's because it's not entirely house. Maybe my taste is shit but I unironically like disco, and even if you don't like disco there's great songs on there like Touch, Giorgio, and Contact.
Or again, maybe my taste is shit and it really is garbage.

>>65242941
So people only hate it because of the people who listen to it? Isn't that a really dumb reason to hate an album?
>>
>>65242999
Pitchfork is literal cancer. Much like you! How dare a guy have a differing opinion, right? And when he gets mad when people insult him for his opinion, that makes him an, 'assblasted pitchfork pleb.' Ffs, this board...
>>
>>65242941
I dont't feel like arguing and I know the context of an album is definitely important but I find really sad that you pay that much attention to the fanbase instead of the actual album and dismiss bands like swans or the avalanches whose records (wether you are a newfag or an older /mu/tant) are enjoyable, and I hope you give this album a chance anon
>>
>>65243013
>So people only hate it because of the people who listen to it? Isn't that a really dumb reason to hate an album?
no. because it's made for people who don't know anything about house/disco/electro etc. it's just a watered down taste of some different genres in a pop style. it's kind of like someone who's never heard rock music before proclaiming a foo fighters album as the best rock album of all time.
>>
>>65243013
i don't think anyone can HATE an album without actually just hating the fanbase. as far as why people dislike the album, that's a lot simpler question - if you're at all well-versed in house or disco, it's an overly-showy, saccharine take on two genres that were always at their best with a little bit of sand kicked in their teeth. it comes off as more of an overly plastic homage to those genres than a real continuation, update, or revival of them. there are definitely interesting parts of the album, don't get me wrong, but sitting through it for a full hour is torture.
>>
>>65243027
>le insult without any justification
>le different opinions meme

fucking kill yourself retard
>>
It's on par with Discovery and for surely better than Human After All
>>
>>65243049
see >>65243064
i've given all of these albums a chance. multiple chances even. as i describe above, i just disliked these records because the records were uninteresting to me. that dislike only blossomed into hatred when a bunch of teeny-boppers decided to keep pushing them in my face as the future of music
>>
>>65243088
Mmmm okay then
I still like it though
>>
Discovery was a fluke, everything else is <=7/10
>>
>>65243075
I have justification. The fact that I was called retarded for my personal taste. And tell me, have you ever considered that I'm being serious when I say, 'personal opinions?' I know, mindblowing, right? People actually have differing tastes and opinions! Seriously, you /mu/ faggots are tiring to speak with.
>>
>>65242888
I actually agree on this one. Daft Punk were never that good in the first place, i don't get what all the fuss is about.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.