[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HHH RAP MIXTAPE INCOMING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10
File: hunter-1.jpg (61 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
hunter-1.jpg
61 KB, 800x533
http://www.treblezine.com/29879-liturgy-hunter-hunt-hendrix-kel-valhaal/

PANIC
>>
its lit
>>
>>65235935
urgy
>>
File: shimmer_intensifies.jpg (25 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
shimmer_intensifies.jpg
25 KB, 600x400
>>65236057
damn...
>>
>>65235890
>not listening to advanced lessons of transcendental qabala.
pssshhhh
>>
>certifiable autist wields a katana
poetry
>>
will be aoty 2016
>>
>“This music should be approached as one of three wings of a rotating vortex of music, thought and drama called The Perichoresis. Taking up the legacy of American Transcendentalism and German Romanticism with all its contradictory attraction and repulsion to/from underground music culture, the project has a horizon that is ethical, political, and eschatological. Kel Valhaal in part functions to ground Transcendental Qabala (a system of thought) as is also in part the manifestation of Aesthethics (an art practice). These three wings of the Perichoresis propel the ongoing drama of The Ark Work, which is a messianic intervention into global destiny.
Lol Hunter's a funny dude but I am definitely interested in where he's taking this, the sample on the bandcamp is actually kinda interesting.
>>
>>65237130
the sillypastas are part of the fun
>>
>>65237130
>"These soundwaves should be avvicinated as a number of wings of a circular motioning of muzak, brainwaves and tragedy called The Prostethoadvanced Preichorystasis. Taking up the based roots of Pseudo-American Transcendentialascensionality and Post-Germanic Romance with all its "contradictory" attraction and recoil to/from under-the-ground compositional pre-culture, the plan has an event horizon that is beyond ethics, political, and esaccharinical. Kel "Madd-mann" Valhaal in part functions to ground Transcendental Kebab (a system of thought) as is also in part the presence of Assdeaddicks (an Art & Simon practice). These three wangs of the Pratocurvanordchoricocriostasis propel the worst album known as The Ark Work, which is a yahveian intervention into the balls of the dragon's destiny."
Not sure what he meant by this.
>>
the song is pretty good
>>
The fact that so many books still name Liturgy as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" transcendental black metal band ever only tells you how far transcendental black metal music still is from becoming a serious art. Rap critics have long recognized that the greatest rap musicians of all times are Lil Ugly Mane and MF DOOM, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Rock critics rank the highly controversial Limp Bizkit over rock musicians who were highly popular in stadiums around the world. Transcendental black metal critics are still blinded by commercial success. Liturgy sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Rap critics grow up listening to a lot of rap music of the past, rock critics grow up listening to a lot of rock music of the past. Transcendental black metal critics are often totally ignorant of the transcendental black metal music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that Liturgy did anything worthy of being saved.
>>
File: 1462667834380.jpg (42 KB, 514x749) Image search: [Google]
1462667834380.jpg
42 KB, 514x749
>>65237616
>>
File: 4203214.jpg (76 KB, 424x580) Image search: [Google]
4203214.jpg
76 KB, 424x580
>>65235890
Holy shit he's just a more autistic version of Varg.
>>
>>65237616
Are there any other "trancendental black metal" bands besides Liturgy?
>>
I like the trap influence
>>
>>65237715
I find these images of young Varg some intense cringe, but then I remember he actually killed a man, so fuck it.
>>
>>65237733
Fanisk are proto-transcendental black metal

Other than that no band would dare go near it.
>>
>>65237802
I thouht Fanisk were NSBM.
>>
Most ambitious musician currently imho
>>
File: 1464031896644.jpg (64 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
1464031896644.jpg
64 KB, 640x720
>philosophical materialism
>transcendental catharsis
totally coherent
>>
>>65237897
well it was part of their aesthetic / theatrics
they labelled themselves Black Solar Art, which Liturgy definitely took a lot of influence from with it's intensely conceptual structuring
the Solar thing in particular is a main point of worship in HHH's thesis for Transcendental Black Metal
>>
>>65237802
>no band would dare go near it.
>tfw
hey i'd start a band but i don't have any talent
>inb4 hhh doesn't either

>>65237897
transcendental nsbm
>>
>>65237939
have you heard the ark work? or the kel valhaal track?
(embracing) self-contradiction seems to be a running theme of the band that even manifests in the way they sound
>>
>>65238009
>Queue of clueless cries
>Dumb relentless drive

tfw
>>
Somehow HHH is such a complete pseud that I start to panic whenever I read or hear any of his nonsensical ideas
>>
>>65237960
The Solar aspect stands in contradiction to the importance of lunar imagery in typical black metal (i.e Under a Funeral Moon, Bergtatt, etc.) The Sun is more of a focus of transcendentalism. The moon ties in with the pagan revivalism of traditional black metal. His goal is really the same as Wolves in the Throneroom, namely making black metal that is truly American. HHH taps into transcendentalism transcendent quality, namely all of the religion and surpassing stuff. HHH's black metal definitely has christian themes because of this. Wolves looks towards transcendentalism's obsession with nature. HHH is clearly more serious about the ontological workings of this system than wolves are though.
>>
>>65238196
So what are some other Transcendental Black Metal albums?
>>
>>65238196
black metal was a mistake
>>
>>65238262
Honestly Liturgy is the only band I know that works in that genre. I view Wolves in the Throneroom as being sort of allied to them in their common mission of creating uniquely american black metal, but the two don't sound similar at all.
>>
File: 1464037970261.jpg (15 KB, 319x320) Image search: [Google]
1464037970261.jpg
15 KB, 319x320
this is genuinely bad

and it almost seems like you guys are just being ironic at this point

if i was to describe this song it would be a try hard screaming into fl studio

way too long and overproduced

does he have the need to use every fucking sample ??? some times less is more
>>
>>65235935
>>65236057
kek
>>
>>65238262
>what are some other Transcendental Black Metal albums?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bozqh6uN7QE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xokiF0imfNg
>>
>>65238196
>namely making black metal that is truly American
I always assumed The Ark Work was an attempt to make black metal that is truly globalist
a universal language of code and glitches that prevent traversing the void instead of human physicality / mortality, church bells become blinking computer lights and visa versa
>>
>>65235890
metal bill hader is overrated
>>
File: cringe.png (31 KB, 722x368) Image search: [Google]
cringe.png
31 KB, 722x368
Whoever did this, kys.
>>
>>65237130
This is self important gobbledegook
>>
HHH is kinda hot. He should transition.
>>
I'm hyped. I liked Vitriol a lot
>>
File: liturgy_dsc_8644.jpg (213 KB, 608x405) Image search: [Google]
liturgy_dsc_8644.jpg
213 KB, 608x405
>>65238427
he's perf just the way he is
>>
>>65238405
Yeah, you have a point there. I wonder about this and how HHH's commitment to american black metal may have changed. Given the way America as a nation, and Americans tend to act, we very much see our culture as a global one, and in many ways it is. I kind of see them as linked, though you could very well read that as this being the uniquely transcendental part of HHH's work, in that it transcends what it initially was and continually does so.
>>
>>65238401
Is Botanist even black metal?
>>
>>65238401
lol I'm a horticulturalist and scientific nomenclature is like a second language for me, but I just can't get into Botanist because of the way they're just so over the top trying to make science/plant science metal. Too weird.
>>
>>65235890
"Best guess for this image: girl"
>>
>>65238525
it's what happens when black metal transcends itself. at least that album.
>>
>>65237715
aesthethica is his filosofem. this new shit is his weird dungeon synth phase, except instead of being in jail he's at some starbucks in brooklyn.
>>
>>65238583
lol'd
>>
the vocals have kind of a post-hardcore/emo strain and release thing to them
>>
>>65238556
>I'm a horticulturalist
that's awesome man. plants have always been a big interest for me. what do you do for your job?

also i totally understand people who can't dig it. it's super weird music. i just think it sounds pretty and the concept is interesting
>>
File: elder maxon.png (167 KB, 400x254) Image search: [Google]
elder maxon.png
167 KB, 400x254
>>65238508
wait wait wait
that Greg Fox with all the hair and beard is the same beardless buzz cut Greg Fox? I shit you not I thought they were just two guys with the same name but I had never seen him with hair and shit aside the guys of Liturgy
>>
>>65238405
the ark work is just what happens when you try to make symponic black metal but you're too broke to pay for actual instruments so you just use midis instead

>>65238262
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59cK7oo2gWE

actually i hate to call Yellow Eyes transcendental black metal because YE is good and "transcendental black metal" isn't viewed as a nice thing to call a bm band
>>
The Ark Work is the best rock album since Glenn Branca's The Ascension.
>>
"Kel Valhaal is the name of the logical agency of faith and acephalic becoming in the The Ark Work, a gesamtkunstwerk which lives at the threshold between philosophical materialism and religion. It is also the moniker for the electronic project I’ve had going since 2010, though I’ve never done an official release until now. The aim of the project is to activate transcendental catharsis using the elements of sound design, and to gnaw on formal and cultural deadlocks between electronic music, rock, rap and classical music. Ultimately these are means of activating a creative-emotive state of divine intuition that is attuned to the object of ultimate concern: what the mystics call the “gift of tears”."

Pretty impressive description for someone who sounds like a drunk Thomas Bangalter that forgot to turn on a vocoder.
>>
>>65235890
>listens to Bone Thugs-n-Harmony once
>>
>>65238705
>Yellow Eyes
yeah that's a good one too. they were obviously very inspired by liturgy and krallice
>>
>>65238680
where did you know the "other" greg fox from

>>65238705
>so you just use midis instead
don't pretty much all symphonic bm bands use synth anyways?
>>
>>65238766
I couldn't be convinced this was him for some reason

Hair is an odd thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JRja3cj27k
>>
>>65238705
this is like screamo black metal

more like this?
>>
>>65238655
I'm a propagator and I do a lot of forcing of plants. Basically I make new plants from hard to find/rare existing plants for people to buy. When I'm not doing that I'm making stuff bloom in the middle of the winter that would normally be blooming in the summer for various contractors. I'm all greenhouse located, i'm not much of a gardener at all. More of a specimen plant kind of guy.
>>
>>65238868
rest of Yellow Eyes' discog (their newest is good, my personal fave is The Desert Mourns ep), Weakling, Ash Borer

for more straight up screamo/bm hybrid try Cara Neir
>>
>>65239471
thx nigga
>>
File: 1456419829876.png (151 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1456419829876.png
151 KB, 800x800
is it bad that I actually enjoyed the track? I mean the song sounds obviously ridiculous, but I still enjoyed it a lot regardless. I think I've got a sweet spot for his singing style.
>>
>>65239677
i enjoyed it too. i'm excited to hear the full album
>>
I don't like his music, but I love the weird occult aesthetics (it's obvious that he is influenced by Witch House tho).

I like his retarded theories too.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.