[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/, how do you make album art wallpapers like this? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1404687298837.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1404687298837.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
Hey /mu/, how do you make album art wallpapers like this? I've always seen these around but I have always wanted to know how to make them myself.
>>
pls :(
>>
>>65231872
>>65232084
>>65232251
Stop. This is extremely embarrassing for me to read. Do you have any idea how this makes people that want to reply to this thread feel?
>>
What album is that
>>
>>65232298
https://candyclaws.bandcamp.com/album/ceres-calypso-in-the-deep-time
>>
>>65232281
>>65232281
b-baka
>>
>>65232281
what? i was just bumping my thread because i wanted an answer. i'm very curious to know.
>>
It's pretty simple, really.

1. You need some kind of photo editing software. Preferably photoshop, but most free alternatives will get the job done as well.
2. Find a high res image of the cover you want to turn into a wallpaper.
3. Load this cover into your software of choice.
4. Select the edges of the image and copy them onto a new layer.
5. Get in your car and drive to your local gun shop. Get a high-caliber rifle (+ammo) and drive back home. Kill yourself once you arrive.
6. Enjoy!
>>
>>65232419
what the fuck

why is everyone so rude in this fucking thread. i was just asking a simple question.
>>
>>65232419
what are some free alternatives to photoshop that can do layers and get the job done?
>>
>>65232546
1. Find the album art you want in the highest, clear and clean resolution you can. (Over 1920x1080 is good because a lot of computers are in that resolution.)
2. Open it in like Photoshop or Gimp or paint.net or any other image editor.
3. Crop out a portion of the image you want in the resolution of your computer.

If you don't know how to figure out what your resolution is, this website will do it for you by visiting it. http://www.whatismyscreenresolution.com/

4. Boom, it's the size of your desktop's wallpaper and it's the album art.

You can resize it and stuff too if you want to fit certain things in the image but it'll likely look weird.
>>
>>65232546
>>>/reddit/
>>65232607
Not free but H&K G28 is pretty affordable and will definitely get the job done.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.