[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how many of you actually listen to /mu/cpre? Because that's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: mumumucore.png (519 KB, 716x660) Image search: [Google]
mumumucore.png
519 KB, 716x660
So how many of you actually listen to /mu/cpre?

Because that's literally just the basics. You haven't even begun the journey through music. You've only broken the thin shell that contained the most well-known music.
>>
I don't get how those albums are so popular. I only really like Spiderland and Deathconsciousness, and maybe TMR. Rest are forgettable.
>>
>>65227922
/mu/ essentials are basically all I listen to.
>>
>>65227922
Im trying to finish the /mu/ canon so I can post in more threads and expand my basic level (even though music has no levels) of taste to entice discussion.
>>
>>65227922
All these albums are great.
>>
>>65227922
well I like them, they're not what I listen to solely though
>>
>>65227922
The important part to me was to just not get complacent about them. I'm not saying my approach is the correct one or that my taste is superior, but once I stopped obsessing over a few albums and started to seek out new music constantly my tastes have become more diverse.

It's also important to not be persuaded by common opinion. If an album isn't exactly heralded it doesn't mean you can't enjoy and vice versa.

Also, a lot of /mu/-core albums are pretty good, and they became popular for a reason. but I agree it's a good starting point, and a nice basis for a journey into every facet of music, but even if you go deep down the rabbit hole, you shouldn't stop listening to these every once in a while if you feel like it.
>>
>>65227922
MBDTF is such trash i don't even know why it's up there
>>
>>65227922
I listen to two or three of them regularly.
>>
>>65227944
are you insulting the Cap?
>>
>>65227922
Most of them get listened to now and again. I'd say I go back to TMS Loveless and MBDTF more frequently than the others.

Exploring music doesn't mean never going back to stuff you like.
>>
>>65227922
I don't really call it /mu/core because I've listened to half of these before I even came on /mu/. People who exclusively listen to /mu/core are probably very boring.
>>
>>65227922
I don't listen to most of it but I can't deny that there's 2 or 3 albums up there that are in my top 20 favourites.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.