[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best way to group music together.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Music_System.jpg (61 KB, 824x803) Image search: [Google]
Music_System.jpg
61 KB, 824x803
TL;DR: I want suggestion for best listing up songs on my Ipod, so that I can best group bands with the same style of music together, better.

I've been listing up the bands with one common Albumsartist, so that I could find them all in one big group, while still letting the song have the artist's name on it.

As for album, I start it all by giving it a number. (01) For classical, (05) for classical rock, etc. Also, within these, I have subgroups hat are given numbers as, (12,3) For International; Spanish, etc.

The problem is, Since they all are listed under the same artist, and all the albums begins with a number, I now have to scroll trough well over 500 songs just to find one special song/artist.

My question is, should I start listing the songs by naming the albumartist "(01)Music" Instead of the albums? or is there a better way?
>>
File: Music_System 3.jpg (29 KB, 1302x81) Image search: [Google]
Music_System 3.jpg
29 KB, 1302x81
Here is an image to show how I currently have edited the mp3 files.
>>
oh my god
>>
>>65221135
what the hell is this shit?
>>
>>65221184
what?
>>
>>65221148

>Artist: Wagner
>Title: The ride of the Valkyries

Jesus fuck. Listen to classical pieces as a whole, not separate clips. You don't have to listen to Der Ring in one sitting but it's ignorant to only know a mediocre overture.
>>
>not using genre tags like "alternative rock," "spanish pop," "classical," etc.
>ruining your metadata with overly complicated ineffectual sorting systems
>not just using artist, album, year, composer, and genre and sorting through there

You deserve the hell you're in.
>>
>>65221135
I didn't get what you want. What's that number thing?

On iPod everything gets sorted by artist, and then by album, and then by song number. This happens in all players - don't you like? I don't get it.

And if you to group your albums by genre, just add that field on your MP3 tags and then you can sort your music by genre on iPod and on every other players.
>>
>>65221563
Thank you, I'll make sure to do that. If you say that it will make it easier for me to listen to the ame genre music, then I guess it will work.

Again, thanks for being one of the only few helpfull people here!
>>
>epitaph REPO! lyrics.mp3
WTF is this shit?
>>
you are trying to introduce something along the lines of Dewey decimal system for your music collection. I think you'd be better off just giving the numbers a rest, this system works best with very large libraries and external requests. Unless you have a server, there won't be any external traffic, so numbers like 12,3 are absolutely useless.

But do w/e, man.
>>
You're making shit way too complicated.
>>
>>65221247
He probably attempted to block it out so snob faggots like you wouldn't post shit like this.
>>
>>65221135
>A rush of blood to the cock
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.