[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of U2?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: pop_cover_640.jpg (154 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
pop_cover_640.jpg
154 KB, 480x480
What does /mu/ think of U2?
>>
I sat down and listened to a bunch of their singles on youtube once. Didn't like any of them.

I listened to that Joey Ramone off of their privacy-invading new album and it was p gud.

That's all I know about them.
>>
>>65218949
More like Poop
>>
>>65218979
Good one.
>>65218961
You think the Joey Ramone song is better than most of their singles?
>>
>>65219017
Not most, like 9 of them. Including "One" and New Years Whatever, I don't remember the title of the other ones.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7ElEHJpvNs
>>
>>65219114
Yeah dude. Achtung Baby is amazing. Honestly, I like all U2 stuff. Moment of Surrender is one of the best songs ever.
>>
File: zootv2.jpg (470 KB, 1380x942) Image search: [Google]
zootv2.jpg
470 KB, 1380x942
>>65218949
My favorite group since "Joshua Tree", Have seen them 5 times starting with the ZOOTV and every tour to 360. They didn't come to Vegas on the last tour.
>>
I can see why Bono is disliked outside of the music but the music overall is alright. ATYCLB and HTDAAB are pretty bad, No Line On The Horizon could have been a strong 9/10 except for those 3 middle songs.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_rBqCxj3gU
>>
>>65218949
One of my top 5 bands
>>
underrated out of /mu/, super underrated on /mu/
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riANeHEYuVg
>>
Started strong, then had a peak that few other acts ever come close to with Achtung and Zooropa. Two of my favourite rock albums of the 90s. After Pop they basically descended into MOR adult contemporary.

Couldn't really care less about the "Bono is a dick" meme. full of himself yes, but that applies to 95% of pop stars.
>>
south park and the iphone thing ruined them for this generation
>>
Anyone know why they stopped being interesting after Pop? It was such a dispiriting transition, like they completely abandoned trying anything new and experimental and just went for the blandest big rock sound they could do.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.