[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Immunity/ Similar albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2
File: IMMUNITY.jpg (67 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
IMMUNITY.jpg
67 KB, 900x900
Why is Immunity such a good album, /mu/? Jon Hopkins in general has such a slew of good songs but Immunity just steals the show. Also, what are similar albums to Immunity and what's your favorite electronic album.
>>
>>65205780

Hey. Great album.

Definitely check out Daniel Avery's "Drone Logic"

Trust me. If you loved Immunity then you're in for a treat.
>>
>>65205939
Not OP but this is sick, exactly what I've been looking for!
>>
>>65205939
Meh, it doesn't seem far off from Jon Hopkins style, but I guess the vocals in there just takes something away from it.
>>
>>65206068

I'm talking about the album. Listen to the album.
>>
>>65205780
Try Psychic by Darkside and Elaenia by Floating Points
>>
>>65206178
Eh, listening to parts of other songs and only a few of them are pretty decent. Again, I think its mostly because of the obstrusive vocals. Either that or how it sounds mostly on the deep house side. I'm still listening to some of the songs though, so I might change
>>
>>65206343
seconding Elaenia if you like that slow-building electronic sound that Immunity does well

-1ing Drone Logic, highly overrated imo
>>
bin urself
>>
>>65206343
Listened to the first song of the album Elaenia, and caught my interest. Will be looking forward to that album.
>>
>>65206566
what
>>
>>65205780
moderat - iii has a similar vibe, very downbeat but wistful
>>
>>65206773
just put urself into a wheelie bin and wait until they take you to the disposal facility
m8
>>
>>65206577
Personally, the first song lacking a beat makes it a meh for me. You should listen to the MANT bootleg of it if you want to hear some kicks and snares
>>
Just listen to Four Tet or Burial
>>
pantha du prince's this bliss is like a more stripped down version of immunity
>>
You might like Sasha's new album Scene Delete

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rviXy-7zMgQ

check the archive if you like it, i uploaded it to mega
>>
>>65207431

oh shit, speaking of late night tales jon hopkins released a mix that's good as fuck, heavily reccomend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7G8m9f4XK4
>>
>>65207431
>Sasha

Really should start listening to Sasha again desu. His EP that featured Xpander was amazing
>>
>>65207619

His latest album is a departure from his previous stuff, nothing super innovative but really fucking solid
>>
>>65205780
try Vessels - Dilate, i asked for albums similar to Immunity and someone rec'd it to me and i loved it.
>>
>>65205780
"Venter" by Ben Frost is a little more raw than the delicate Immunity but I find people who like Jon Hopkins usually like Ben Frost too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LJ2X1ZRVmA
>>
>>65207787

Might as well throw in Tim Hecker too if you're going to go there, Ben Frost was an engineer on Ravedeath 1972 which is prob my favorite albums of his. Have a feeling OP already knows both of them tho
>>
>>65207787
I can't really grasp Ben Frost, especially By the Throat. Too gritty and harsh for my taste.
>>
>>65207919
have you given this a listen? a little more toned down compared to his other work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fy4YPd7viU
>>
>>65207919

No I totally get that. I couldn't get By The Throat at all the first few listens. Then I heard "Nolan" and loved that one so eventually decided to go back and re-listen. Tracks like "Killshot," "Peter Venkman Pt 1," and "Through The Glass Of The Roof" are unquestionably vicious but I was into post-hardcore, HEALTH, and Fuck Buttons before Ben Frost so it kinda helped me get into it I guess. It has delicate tracks too like "Leo Needs A New Pair Of Shoes."

It was definitely an acquired taste for me, but I think it's in my top 5 albums now.
>>
>>65206564
>>65206343

Just finished listening to Elaenia. Really amazing album. Certainly not the same pounding style Jon Hopkins has done in songs like "Collider" and "Open Eye Signal", but I still like the smooth vibes it gave.
>>
Efdemin - s/t or Lawrence - The Night Will Last Forever, basically check out anything released on Dial

Holkham Drones by Luke Abbott is also pretty good
>>
>>65205939
this. Drone Logic >>> Immunity. never got the hype for Jon Hopkins but Avery is a god
>>
>>65208219

never got the hype of this post desu
>>
>>65207741
i stumbled on this like a month ago, super solid

rec rec rec
>>
James Holden- The Inheritors
>>
Try Alcachofa by Ricardo Villalobos. Infectious stuff.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR9-2As-XMk
Self-titled album as well.
>>
>>65208626
James Holden is amazing, especially the remix he did for Nathan Fake
>>
>>65208190
Listening to Lawrence. Not really what I was looking for, but its not bad. Thanks
>>
jon hopkins is so fucking bland lmao
better off just listen to lustmord
>>
Discount Trentemoller
>>
>>65210388
>comparing jon hopkins to lustmord

literally kill yourself
>>
File: 960.jpg (37 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
960.jpg
37 KB, 960x540
>>65210388
>>65210626
>>
>>65205939

This > this thread
>>
>>65212504
kys
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.