[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Skepta - Konichiwa
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: konichiwa.jpg (136 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
konichiwa.jpg
136 KB, 800x800
thoughts my friends?
>>
i rly like that cover btw
>>
As an older Brit on this board, I like to keep up with new music but I just cannot get with grime, I just don't get it.
>>
File: feefo consider the following.jpg (23 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
feefo consider the following.jpg
23 KB, 426x240
it bumps in da whip
>>
it's lit senpai
>>
AOTY chip
>>
as an album I think it does work. it has a complete concept and I could appreciate the music.

lyrically and attitude wise it dos bother me. one of the things abut rap, when they go into the tantrum part of the song that as far as I know Eminem was first to master, it shuts down completely. They may as well be singing to a brick wall (yeah! go figure)

really. when the lyrics stop telling a story the listener is shut out.

didn't like your myspace page? what are we to think?

modernity is upon us.
>>
Can I get a pic for the gram?
I was like nah sorry man I only socialize with the CREW AND THE GANG
>>
File: adele-165279.jpg (349 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
adele-165279.jpg
349 KB, 1024x768
"real not real"

no, sorry lost me
>>
Yeah see me on the front cover of the magazine
Winning
SHEEN
>>
>>65201407
grime ain't rap fa m
>>
beats are good, like most grime

lyrics are shit, like most grime

Who are the best lyrical Grime artists?
>>
Pretty good but he didn't have to say "I'm gonna change the world" in every single song
>>
Good album. The one that samples Regular John is awesome.
>>
>>65201617
Probably like Kano, Ghetts, Rocks FOE, P Money.
>>
not bad
>>
File: Publishing_pic.jpg (24 KB, 355x355) Image search: [Google]
Publishing_pic.jpg
24 KB, 355x355
Not as good as this manistream grime album tbqh
>>
>>65201617
Try Axiom EP by Durrty Goodz, This Is the Beginning by Young Dot and of course Boy in da Corner.
>>
>>65201082
It was a solid album, I enjoy his clean cut and jumpy flow and the grime production sounds like a British - American style mashup. It's great. The lyrics can be corny at times but I think he gets his message across. There are some songs that were god awful like Ladies Hit Squad. He needs to learn to be able to breakup the constant hard grime with a softer side and Ladies Hit Squad didn't exactly do that. 7.5-8/10. Looking forward to the next record.
>>
File: 979807.jpg (266 KB, 905x881) Image search: [Google]
979807.jpg
266 KB, 905x881
>Yeah, see me on the front cover of the magazine
>Winning, Sheen

>And if you don't like it then fuck me
>Not literally, but fuck me

>I'm looking for a girl with an X factor
>But I don't judge like Simon does
>>
I like the album. Definitely what grime needed. Contrary to what "real grime fans" on here say, this is definitely a 90% grime album. But it's got a American influence that will help in bridging the gap. And it seems like Skepta's starting to get known overseas too, so it's definitely working.

One thing I will say, though, and this goes to all genre, is that it's seemingly thinned stylistically. It's all bangers now. What happened to the chiller grime tracks? Back in the day there were songs like Together and Wifey Riddim but no one makes tracks like that anymore.
>>
>>65203504
>He needs to learn to be able to breakup the constant hard grime with a softer side

It's complete shit every time he tries to do this because he has no variation in his flow. He should just go hard every track and make a whole record of Shutdowns cause that's all he's got.
>>
>>65203569
Idk, Text Me Back was pretty great.
>>
>>65203564
>Back in the day there were songs like Together and Wifey Riddim but no one makes tracks like that anymore.

Because they were shit
>>
Only 3 good songs desu
Man, That's not me, and Shutdown
>>
>>65203752
No fuck you, together was sick. Wifey riddim was shit though
>>
>>65203752
>>65203848
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJJGcBGRaKo

Fuck off Wifey Riddim is a great instrumental.
>>
>>65201591
I'm sorry I'm not parochial
>>
>>65203526
Thx for the laugh man.
>>
>>65201617
Akala
>>
Why is the production so sterile and boring outside of the ringer American producer?

I thought UK was like the home of EDM and crazy out there electronic music
>>
>>65201591
are you stupid? They rap in literally every grime song
>>
>>65203973
sounds like JoJo mate
>>
>>65204630
These weirdos think there's a difference between being a rapper and being an MC, despite the fact that hip-hop artists commonly refer to themselves as both MCs and rappers, and grime artists commonly refer to themselves as both MCs and rappers.
>>
>>65204568
Because he's going for an overseas audience.

He's going for the hip-hop crowd rather than the bleep crowd because the modern grime scene is more hip-hop than it is electronic music.

It may have developed from electronic music, but it's essentially become the UK's answer to hip-hop.
>>
>>65204568
because you only eat what comes out of america

grime is deeply rooted in UK garage, oldschool dubstep and 2-step

don't know how you can say shit like this when most of the beats on konnichiwa go really hard
>>
>>65204568
Because Skepta has literally been shit since 2006

I don't understand why America suddenly hopped on a dead scene
>>
>>65201082
As far as grime albums go: It's superb because of its lack of filler. 8/10 tbhonest
>>
>>65204934
Because it's not dead anymore.

Grime is very much a mainstream genre at the moment.

Skepta, Stormzy, Wiley, Chip, Bugzy Malone, etc all making money right now from grime.

It's gotten to the point where old pop stars like Tinchy Stryder have actually gone back to grime because there's more money there.
>>
>>65204988
They're making money but the music is plain bad and only appeals to students and Yanks any more

London stopped caring about grime in like '07. Grime was always a time and a place as much as a sound
>>
>>65205182
>London stopped caring about grime in like '07
They did but they started caring again in like '14/15.

If not grime then what the fuck is London caring about right now? It's like the quintessential British urban genre.
>>
>>65206253
British rap because what the all kids are listening to sure as hell aint grime.
>>
>>65201082
it was alright but had some real snoozers. won't see myself bumping this a whole lot.

at least it was better than views.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.