[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it bad to shill your own music on /mu/? What are legitimately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: 1435848257878.jpg (67 KB, 683x1024) Image search: [Google]
1435848257878.jpg
67 KB, 683x1024
Is it bad to shill your own music on /mu/? What are legitimately efficient ways of online networking / self promotion for music?
>>
UMPF

THIIIIIICK
>>
I'm guessing making good music is one of them. I make shit music, so I never shill it anywhere. it just stays on the dark corners of the internet, rotting like it was destined to do.
>>
File: sweat guy.webm (93 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
sweat guy.webm
93 KB, 480x360
>>65200925
HNNNG
>>
Any suggestions on how to network though?
>>
>>65200925
Who is she?
>>
There is nothing wrong with wanting your music to reach an as big as possible audience, but what is cancerous are the people who try to "viral" their music and open a bunch of threads about their own project, not just because most of the time it's blatently obvious and cringeworthy but also because the amount of time they put into shilling their music is probably much more than the amount of time they put into making it.
>>
>>65200925
Becoming a Cam Whore, then screaming the name of your band at people watching just as they cum. That way, over time, they'll associate the pleasure of ejaculation with your band. Wank me later.
>>
>>65201094

This is brilliant, thank you.

>>65201089

And yeah I wanted to post my tape because Fantano just posted it to his twitter and I was excited but people usually get mad when you shill outside of sc/bc threads so I was like ehhh maybe not!
>>
>>65200925
>What are legitimately efficient ways of online networking / self promotion for music?
actually play live and be active in a scene
>>
There are Bandcamp and Soundcloud threads for this pourpouse.
Who is original pic?
>>
>>65201191

no idea i just had it on my iphoto

>>65201184

i do this when i can but i never really know how to go about booking shows for myself, other people usually do it for me and i feel like a baby
>>
Is it bad to import fart-in-a-cans for cheap instead of supporting the domestic industry?
>>
>>65201146
the melon posted it? congrats. even though many here think hes cancer thats a good little boost for you.
how did you manage that?
>>
Just post in Bandcamp and SoundCloud threads

Share your stuff in Sharethreads™ if you just want to be heard

DON'T start threads about your own stuff
>>
File: 1401143027785.jpg (29 KB, 240x311) Image search: [Google]
1401143027785.jpg
29 KB, 240x311
>>65200925
>>
>>65201328
fully agree with this guy

out of curiosity which genre opie?
>>
>>65201191
Crystal Bottoms
>>
>>65201328
>sharing your own stuff in sharethreads
>>
>>65201324

He talked about my group in his video "It came from bandcamp" then I guess he found my music afterwards.
>>
>>65201073
Her name is Crystal Bottoms.
>>
>>65201400

I guess like alternative rap. Or "goth edgy odd future" according to Fandango lol.
>>
>>65201424
what, do you just run jdownloader on every sharethread? is that why you dont want some random guys music to show up in your haul of music you already werent going to listen to?
>>
>>65201459

i love you
>>
>>65201451
nice, tell fellatia geisha that i think shes cute
>>
>>65200987
>I'm guessing making good music is one of them.
Pretty naive desu. The quality of your music is only somewhat relevant. Good marketing, getting good reviews, having good internet presence etc is 1000 times more important. Marketing is the only way to build a career out of your music. Of course a lot of people (somewhat understandably) have a problem with this because of the implications it has on their artistic integrity, but at the end of the day it's a necessary evil if you want even a slight chance of getting somewhere.
>>
>>65200925
Go ahead, I only listen to stuff that's at least 30 years old anyway.
>>
>>65201572

I agree. Obviously it needs to just be good enough for people to care but the majority of success just comes from networking and connections. You could be making 10/10s in your basement for years and no one would ever know without the right promotion.
>>
>>65201529

will do
>>
>>65201572
yup, just look at stuff like alors on dance etc.
just 3 bars on top of each other, most people in /prod/ could make something like this in an hour, yet stromae is the one becoming famous
>>
>>65201328
>>65201424
>>65201191
Don't do this, those are containment threads.

Shill your stuff very subtley outside of them, don't be obvious.

Actual constructive advice here.
>>
>>65201620
I'm already going through this problem and it is very frustrating.
>>
>>65202270
You're not making 10/10s faggot
>>
>>65202721
I've never showed anyone what I've made desu.
>>
>>65202229
>Shill your stuff very subtley outside of them, don't be obvious.
That's the fucking worst. When some faggot is pretending like he isn't just posting his shit and being disingenious. If y'all faggots were a little more honest about you posting your own stuff it wouldn't be such a taboo.
>>
>>65201451
ayy im friends with grayda crazy to see you guys getting some recognition. keep at it i really like your stuff.
>>
oh muh god
>>
>>65203029
>That's the fucking worst. When some faggot is pretending like he isn't just posting his shit and being disingenious.

It's not, it's smart marketing, same goes with wrapping your album in a whole superfluous backstory.

How do you think Deathcon got popular here?
>>
>>65201459
Thanks! That ass is out of control.
>>
>>65201459
danks
>>
>>65201459
Christ, what a disappointment. She has some hot pics but most of them range from meh to eww. Her ass and thighs are cottage cheese, her tits are small and she has a butterface.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.