[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Delay Pedal Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
Everything about delays. Discuss the ones you got and the ones you want.

I have a Digitech DigiDelay. Should I sell it and buy a TCE Flashback instead? The Digitech is pretty good, imho.
>>
File: DE7.jpg (42 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
DE7.jpg
42 KB, 600x600
I'd just keep the DigiTech if it works for you. You can get some pretty cool effects by stacking delays too, so if you really want the Flashback you could just keep both.

I'm using pic related at the moment. It's the cheapest and most fun delay pedal I've tried so far.
>>
TCE Alter Ego X4 is amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXMPre19xBY
>>
I have the flashback. It's a jack of all trades, but master of none. All of the settings are usable and work well, but it's not as good at doing any of its settings as some other pedals dedicated to doing those specific kinds of delay are.

The on-board looping functionality is really cool, and lets you record for quite a while. I haven't really experimented much with the toneprint functionality though, maybe that's where the real appeal is.
>>
>>65197405
Oh, but on a sidenote, the "hold-the-button-down-and-strum" tap-tempo functionality works really well and is a piece of cake to do live/on the fly. Really useful if you play in a band and need to sync your delay timings.
>>
>>65197370

Fun in what sense?
>>
File: 2.png (171 KB, 334x370) Image search: [Google]
2.png
171 KB, 334x370
I want a tube screamer mini with a les paul
>>
>>65197658
To me personally it just feels more intuitive than the other delays I've tried. My MXR Carbon Copy for example always began oscillating when I didn't want it too etc., while with the DE7 I can pretty much go from sci-fi sounds to slapback without having to adjust the knobs seven times.
>>
I really want to emulate that "wow&flutter" tape delay sound. Is it possible to do with the toneprint control?
>>
>>65198581
you're gonna have to be more descriptive. give an audio example
>>
>>65198650
Well, something more dirty and modulated, like a Memory Toy can do. Or an El Capistan.
>>
>>65197151
if you want TC flasback, get the x4 version, it's a lot better for the price difference, imo (not necessarily in the terms of sound, but it's just easier to use and you have more options). I have the one you posted and i've tried the x4 a couple of times
>>
The Flashback is a pretty good delay that has a million options but as an earlier anon has said, it's a master of none. The looping can also be frustrating because you have to double tap the switch to turn the loop off and that can be a bitch in a live setting. One thing I do really like about the loop function is that the "Level" sets the output volume but you can use it as sort of a volume pedal, in the sense that if you want to jam late at night, you can set to loop and turn the level low while also cranking your distortion and you'll get the grit you want without waking anyone at 3AM
>>
dying to get my hands on really anything from these guys

Particle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvMkRj_cE9A
Raster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmrCMZBugtE
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.